New Carvin guitar - major GAS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Carvin guitar - major GAS!

Hey guys, just saw this posted up in the carvin & HC forum. As well as the rest of the pick and mix options from Carvin, apparently its gonna be a setneck as well! I'm in love

Since 1946 Carvin has been designing professional audio systems, guitar amplifiers, bass amplifiers and wireless systems. Kiesel Family owned and operated.
    'Without music life would be a mistake'.

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Re: New Carvin guitar - major GAS!

I saw that over at the Dean forum the other day. Some of the guys were bashing it as a poor Hardtail copy. I think it's a slick looking guitar. It's a take on the PRS, just like the Hardtail is....with some changes, refinements and differences....just like the PRS is a take on the Fender Stratocaster that Leo invented 50 yrs ago. Lets face it...the double cutaway, carved maple top with top of the line finishes and hardware appointments are hot on the market right now. Every manufacturer is trying to get their piece of the pie.

No one model can claim ultimate superiority over another.....personal taste is too subjective. Carvin makes some fine instruments, and give's you some options when you order for a reasonable price. It's all about which model works for you.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

Man that is one sweet looking Carvin! Their pickups annoy me with the double poles, it just looks so odd. How much do you think they're gonna be goin for?
      Marshall JCM2000 DSL50 Head!
      Avatar 4x12 Slant Cab w/ 2 V12's and 2 GB12's
      Schecter 006 Elite w/ Duncan Custom
      Fender Std. Strat w/ Invader

Comment

New Carvin guitar - major GAS!

I dunno, it seems to be in prototype stage only. I think they're looking for player feedback for refinement before they go to production. Personally I think it looks perfect except for the switch placement (I personally would like it on the lower horn) and some SD hummers!

From what I can gather, it might jump in price cause of the carved top and setneck. My guess would be around $1000.
        'Without music life would be a mistake'.

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Comment

Carvin is a good guitar for the price, and you can pick all the options. Each one is custom built for you.
          <<<<<I like mine.
          Bridge pups: Full Shred-Custom-DD
          Neck pups: '59-Aph1-DD

Comment

I've been gassing for a DC727 for about a year now........

...But that is a beautiful guitar....
            || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

I agree - it is a pretty sweet guitar, at any price...

Comment

bumping so i can look when i get home. actually, could someone post a pic of it on this forum? thanks
                esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
                fender mim standard strat
                peavey classic 30
                johnson j-station
                original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
                dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
                yamaha f-310p acoustic
                taylor 410 acoustic
                "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

I think the guitar looks great. I'm sure the different options will make it look even better. This could be a really great guitar; I'm interested.
                  Originally posted by kevlar3000
                  I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                  Originally posted by Zerberus
                  Better is often the enemy of good
                  Originally posted by ginormous
                  Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Working...
                  X