Akai Vari-Wah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akai Vari-Wah

I bought one of those Akai Vari-Wah pedals last week and tried it out. My advice to those who may be considering one of these is NOT to buy one. It sucks the tone right out of your guitar pretty bad, and really is a poor excuse for a wah-pedal. The little gizmo adjustments on it are for the most part not very usable, and out of all the Akai pedals that are no longer in production I can definitely understand why this is one of them.
    I will say that I have an Akai Intelliphase pedal that I think is pretty cool, and find the features on it to be usable. I'll hang onto that one. But their wah is bogus.
    Just my $.02 for anyone thinking about one of those.

-Bob

Re: Akai Vari-Wah

Thanks for the heads-up...

BTW, if you're looking for a fairly cheap nice sounding wah, i like my vox alot... pure simple tone. Or if you have more money, i hear great things about fulltone...
    '01 Gibson Les Paul Standard (stock BB V's)
    Squier Fat Strat (stock/duckbucker/stock)
    '66 Fender Bassman
    Fender Champion 600
    Fender Stage 100

Comment

Re: Akai Vari-Wah

Originally posted by jmv
      Thanks for the heads-up...

BTW, if you're looking for a fairly cheap nice sounding wah, i like my vox alot... pure simple tone. Or if you have more money, i hear great things about fulltone...
      Thanks jmv. I have a Vox 847 and Crybaby, both modded that sound really nice. I just picked up on the Akai version just to hear what they were all about, and as you can tell by my previous post it wasn't much.

Comment

Working...
      X