D-tuna and Eb tuning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-tuna and Eb tuning?

Hey guys, my main guitar (which has a fixed bridge) I'm enjoying being in Drop D tuned flat half a step. I have a guitar with a Floyd Rose copy (Alvarez RG copy) that I'm currently refinishing and would like to make the route necessary for an EVH D-Tuna before painting it. I would like to be able to have a guitar that can be in normal Eb and to be able to have it drop to Db. If I intonate the Floyd Rose specifically for this tuning (I'm assuming a little less tension on the springs should do it?) Will I be able to accurately drop the Eb to a Db? This would make stuff for music I'm writing for this band I'm starting up much easier. I have some in normal tuning and Drop D flat tuning. I'm liking the normal tuning songs tuned flat more myself anyways. If anybody wants to know, the band's going to be called Mentally Challanged and we'll be playing Dark Heavy Metal!
    ScreamingDaisy: I don't do sympathy. If you want sympathy, it can be found in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis.

Re: D-tuna and Eb tuning?

It would work, but you have to block the bridge. then you would only be able to dive with your trem.
    Electric: G&l Legacy cstm, 73 strat, HM strat, 76 tele deluxe, Tele-Sonic, James Trussart Rusty Steelcaster, Gibson: ES-295, LP Studio, 2001 R9, 2004 R8 cloud 9 , Charvel M#5 (1st guitar). rickenbacker 400? bass, Acoustic: martin d-15, old epiphone flattop, 50's gibson flattop, flatiron mandolin, harmony electric mandolin
    gibson, marshall, fender, magnatone, THD amps
    SD pickups: Jb,CC, Sethlover, '59, Pearly Gates, JB jr, lil 59, hot & cool rails. tele antiquity. Strat antiquity II

Comment

Re: D-tuna and Eb tuning?

That's cool with me, I was going to block the bridge anyways, I hate going shrap when doing palm muting and the thing being so hard to get tuned. I prefer to bend sharp with my fretting hand.
      ScreamingDaisy: I don't do sympathy. If you want sympathy, it can be found in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis.

Comment

Working...
      X