BC rich 80s' warlock bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC rich 80s' warlock bass

Heya guys. Ive joined a local gigging indie band and im dead chuffed to be in it Anyways. I love my current bass amp which is a 150 watt laney 4x10 stack. But the problem is i need to get a better/backup bass. I love my current bass to bits, its all cheap and cheerful. And i love playing on it. However due to me being a gigging musician i need a backup or better bass. I currently have around £300 to spend. I do play indie and funk basslines although i also have a penchant for glam rock.

Im also a fan of 80's guitars with Bright colours.

Im currently looking at a 80s BC rich Platinum series warlock.
    This specific bass.

Because of my position of the world, i cannot play this bass until I receive it. i have been in contact with the owner who seems a rather nice genuine guy. anyway. I need some help into whether anyone can tell me anything about the quality of 80s bc rich basses. I know the more modern ones arent very good. What were the pickups like on these 80s basses? were they more versatile then for just metal as i do play a rather lot of slap. ALso what is the string spacing like on a platinum warlock? Is it more akin to a P-bass or jazz bass>? I prefer playing on wider fingerboards and string spacing with basses.

Well i am very interested in them. I was thinking of upgrading the pickups , maybe make it into an active circuit. i as thinking of getting a second one that the guy has for sale if i like them enough and put a kahler trem onto it. Please if you hve something to say make sure its something to do with my questions. I appreciate the opinions but alot of stigma against bc rich basses are wrong. alot of people only put that because some other person sdaid they werent very good. But 80's Guitars are generally better made then the current Bc riches.

rob
    Pedulla Pentabuzz 5 string fretless.
    Jackson RR5,
    Jackson Warrior WRMG,
    Epiphone SG "3 pup" Custom,
    Roland DB-900,
    Ashdown Little Giant 1000.

Re: BC rich 80s' warlock bass

www.bcrich.com Join the forum.

Great people there, lots of old metalheads that know more than a few things about BCR.
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
      www.bcrich.com Join the forum.

Great people there, lots of old metalheads that know more than a few things about BCR.
      hey i go there!
      we can be heroes

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Personally, i'd go for one of the "guitar logo" charvel basses, they're quite a bit better than all of the platnum series B.C. Rich basses i've played. The guitar logo charvels are usually around $300 or less, depending on which one you get.

The old charvels, come in some pretty wild colors, most of which are very 80's looking. The pickups on the 80's riches were usually half decent, i've spoiled myself on duncans, but they're probably equivilant to at least mexican fender pups. as far as the P bass pups sound, they sound like a p bass, and i don't think are voiced for anything special. The string spacing is more akin to a p bass as well, but due to the neck contours, it feels slightly bigger than a typical p bass. If you like the wider string spacing and fingerboards, these should be right up your ally.

Again, i'll make another recomendation for the old guitar logo charvels. They're great guitars, and i'm sure that if you got one, you'd love it. I just bought one with a kahler bass trem. should be here wendsday . However, the platnum series B.C. Riches are still pretty good for the money, especially if you're going to be using it as a backup. personally, i prefer the Neck-thru NJ series, since it's been my experiance that they used better parts on those guitars they also tend to run around $300 used. Ever since i got my first USA rich bass, i've been wanting to get a Platnum series or NJ series "backup" for it.
        Last edited by Byakhee00; 04-19-2004, 03:05 PM.
        Teenagers can't sing the Blues. They ain't fixin' to die yet. Adults sing the Blues. In Blues, "adulthood" means being old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.

Comment

Working...
        X