schematics question?? (pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schematics question?? (pic)

For those of you good at reading schematics... on this layout, over on the right, it shows the 2 speakers in the normal cabinet of my amp, wired in parallel, and then the extension speaker jack is wired with that in series, correct (thats the part i'm not positive about)?? So, if the regular cabinet is 4 ohms, and i hook up another 4 ohm cab it'll be 8 ohms... anyone know if thats acceptable for the output transformer??

'01 Gibson Les Paul Standard (stock BB V's)
    Squier Fat Strat (stock/duckbucker/stock)
    '66 Fender Bassman
    Fender Champion 600
    Fender Stage 100

Re: schematics question?? (pic)

Actually, its showing a parallel connection. Plugging in another 4 ohm will give you two ohms. Probably not a good idea.

On the oddball side, it seems to indicate that unplugging the internal speaker, will short the output transformer. So, I think there's a "typo" in that drawing.

Comment

I'm with artie.

The external output is wired the same way as the speaker.

You could rewire the speakers so it'd be 8 ohms and then get another 8 ohm cab and thatd set you back to your total of four.

Comment

Originally posted by proxy

You could rewire the speakers so it'd be 8 ohms and then get another 8 ohm cab and thatd set you back to your total of four.

okay. But how do you wire 2 8 ohm speakers to be 8 ohms total?? I don't see how that one adds up... in parallel, they're 4, in series they're 16...

Oh well, i don't have money for another cab anyway, its no big thing.
        '01 Gibson Les Paul Standard (stock BB V's)
        Squier Fat Strat (stock/duckbucker/stock)
        '66 Fender Bassman
        Fender Champion 600
        Fender Stage 100

Comment

Yea I wasn't thinking. :P

Comment

Working...
          X