Hardtail bridge differences.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hardtail bridge differences.

Actually, I prefer to use the "Strat" style bridge. I just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't be compromising the fidelity by doing so. I thought that, perhaps, one style of bridge worked better with one type of wood, and so forth . . .

Comment

I think the TOM/STP is a bit softer and spongier. The Fender-style hardtail has a lot of snap and edge to it (with the stock saddles).

Comment

the mixican toronado is strung through the body, maybe you can compare it with the one above and see what you like... though there would probably be too many other changing variables to make it a true experiment.

Comment

Hi Beebe; I noticed in one of your other posts, that you actually own a Toronado. How do you like it? How does the neck feel? I'm not really all that concerned with its sound, because I'ld immediately "Duncanize" it if I get one.

Just overall, what do you think of the guitar?

Thanks, Artie.

Comment

Artie -

Have you looked at this Hipshot? Several guys I respect like it a lot.

BTW working out the correct neck angle for a TOM bridge can be a bear for an amateur like myself - I'm struggling with one right now

Chip
            Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
            Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
            Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
            SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
            SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
            "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Start
              Artie -

Have you looked at this Hipshot?

Chip
              Yup . . . thats exactly the one I'm considering.
              The only thing different is, instead of trying to build a "Toronado-ish" style guitar, I've got a bid in on a Peavey Patriot on eBay. As near as I can tell, its the exact same guitar as my Predator, but a hardtail instead of the Kahler Flyer, and no locking nut. I already know that I like the neck and style, and it could turn out to be quite a deal.

Peavey Patriot

It'll just be kinda funny, that my second "real" guitar, is so close to what I already have. But then again - maybe that notion strikes you all.

Comment

Working...
              X