Multi trackers Reccomed plz..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi trackers Reccomed plz..

Ok because i've somehow aquired a bit more extra cash i'm gonna look at different multi trackers apart from the Boss Br 864 Since i may aswell invest in something ill keep for a long long while..i was set on the Br 1180 without cd till i discovered no USB port..even though it has a 20gig HD theres no-way of transferring the songs or recordings anywhere.. Unless theress another way around it thats not analog..??

Anyway con you guys recommend Multi Trackers for say a Price range of up to maybe $600 give or take second Hand...

Cheers...
    Marshall JVM 410C
    Mesa Boogie DC-3
    ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
    1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
    2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
    2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
    1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
    2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
    1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Re: Multi trackers Reccomed plz..

stevo; does it have to be a stand-alone unit?

$600 will get you into Adobe Audition range, (300), with a top-of-the-line Echo multi input/output soundcard/interface.

You'ld have amazing sound-quality/versatility.

Just a thought.

Comment

You can score the Tascam 788 in that range and they are excellent. I am probably selling mine to move up to the 24 track unit very soon if you have any interest let me know.

When I looked for this unit I didn't particularly care for the Boss, it made everything sound unusually compressed. So I looked at a few others and settled on the Tascam based on the options that they had.
      My Bands -
      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Hey artie , Yeh preferrably because my Pc is not the Fastest or Most reliable,right now my hard drive space is exactly 15.2meg nor can i easily upgrade it because of its size for even say a new hard drive, also i used to have a Creativelabs Audigy soundcard until i burnt it out by puting the lineout of the amp into the output(it wasn't clearly labled) also i want something portable so preferrabley i would like a stand-alone unit...

Thanks For the Input

Hey Wattage i was looking at the Tascam 788 before, It was one of my choices, COuld you give me a run through of what it can do because theres just way Too much information on the tascam site and isnt really overview'd , Just the main points like simultanious recorable tracks , hard disk space and such...

also The TAscam doesn't seem to have a drum machine built in, thats the reason i was looking at the BOSS stuff, they seem more focused on begginner recording musicians with low budgets...

Thanks Alot and very sorry for the long post...

If this doesnt make sense or sounds lie im waffling its because im really tired..
        Marshall JVM 410C
        Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

I thought you could get the BR1180 with a CD/RW (called the BR1180CD) or do you want to go for something with usb port and then get a CD/RW separately?.
          Normans Guitars

Comment

Yeh that really what i would like to get the Br 1180cd now, really i though i'd save money with the br 1180 w/o cd but then realised no usb port so no way of transferring the music i record..but now i'm just asking ppl what they think of other multitrackers.. and i'd also like to see wattage's view on the 788..

thanks.
            Marshall JVM 410C
            Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

I've been looking at the Fostex VF-160 lately. It comes with a 20GB hardrive and a burner.

Comment

Hey , i think the Fostex VF-160 is a little out of my price range and for whati want is a little overkill..

Thanks
                Marshall JVM 410C
                Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

I have a Fostex VF-16 with a road case for sale for $450 plus shipping. It only has the factory 5 gig HD but a 20 gig HD is fairly cheap and you'd still be way below budget.
                  www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
                  www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
                  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Hey robert could you pm me and explain a little bit about it..

Cheers..
                    Marshall JVM 410C
                    Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

Originally posted by y2stevo
                      Hey , i think the Fostex VF-160 is a little out of my price range and for whati want is a little overkill..

Thanks
                      That's cool. But, did you want the ability to record in stereo? The VF-160 can do that. Most lower-priced recorders can't.

Comment

I was Thinkin On Taking Robert Up On His Offer and The Fostex stuff seem very impressive..
                        Marshall JVM 410C
                        Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

Working...
                        X