X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zerberus
    replied
    Re: Marshall Jcm800 2204

Congrats, Puck. Great amp for a great price. I love mine so much that I put it into a totally different cabinet when the original fell from our bus. It survived the fall, but without looking inside youŽd never know it was a Marshall (which is good, keeps it from getting stolen )

Leave a comment:

• mmguz
    replied

do it

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    replied

WoW...just read this thread...!!!

NEW STUFF ROCKS!!!

Leave a comment:

• xerxes
    replied

from the clips that i have heard from stevo, i would say the greenbacks and the blue dogs sound sick.

Leave a comment:

• PUCKBOY99
    replied

Originally posted by Stevo
    The G12T-75s seemed to impede the personality of my 2204. They are great for modern crunch and open back systems because they are a little bassy but a little flat on the midrange.

I like Weber Blue Dogs and Greenbacks for that amp. I have a v30 but I'm not crazy about it. It does not have as much life as the others. That seems contrary to popular opinion though. I will sell mine cheap if you want it.

WHATCHA WANT FOR IT?

Maybe I'll put them in my 2x12 & put the Mojo "Greenback" & "V-30" in the 4x12 w/2 G12Ts in the bottom...or would an "X" pattern be better?

OR MAYBE JUST SELL THE 4X12 & KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied

Originally posted by PUCKBOY99
    The cab has 4 Celestion G-12T 75s.....I'm thinking of switching them out; Gearjoneser recommended switching the top 2 to V30s. Anyone else have any recommendations or wanna trade some speakers????
    The G12T-75s seemed to impede the personality of my 2204. They are great for modern crunch and open back systems because they are a little bassy but a little flat on the midrange.

I like Weber Blue Dogs and Greenbacks for that amp. I have a v30 but I'm not crazy about it. It does not have as much life as the others. That seems contrary to popular opinion though. I will sell mine cheap if you want it.

Leave a comment:

• PUCKBOY99
    replied

Well hello fellas!!! Picked it up on Friday & cranked it out in the garage most of the day...SMOKIN' LOUD!!! Saturday, I brought it to a local shop to have it all checked out, caps changed etc.....kinda' give it a check up. The stickers inside say Mar & Apr of '88...original Drake transformers.....it's got GT EL34s & Sovtek 12AX7s. which I'll swap out for Svetlana EL34s & maybe those new GT12AX7Ms....GOOD TIMES !!!

The cab has 4 Celestion G-12T 75s.....I'm thinking of switching them out; Gearjoneser recommended switching the top 2 to V30s. Anyone else have any recommendations or wanna trade some speakers????
    Last edited by PUCKBOY99; 04-26-2004, 09:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PUCKBOY99
    replied

Well, I called the guy on the way home last night & he had to cancel the pick-up....had a family thing.....so, we arranged to meet Friday morning.

AND I'M OFF WORK ALL WEEKEND!!!! YEAH!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• 59paul
    replied

YEP, my 2204's still have the inspection stickers inside. They're both 1982's .

Leave a comment:

• Deadbolt
    replied

Like jeff said, mine also had the original sticker but some of us are not that lucky.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff_H
    replied

On my amp, the original inspection sticker was still inside with a handwritten date on it. If not the serial # link will do the trick. Nice score....don't keep us waiting too long.

Leave a comment:

• Deadbolt
    replied

no problem man enjoy, lets hear some clips if you get the chance.good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Pandemonium
    replied

Good deal. You will need an attenuator.

Leave a comment:

• PUCKBOY99
    replied

Originally posted by Deadbolt
    you can tell the year of the amp by the letters in the serial number. heres a link

good luck and buy that freakin amp!

Thanks Deadbolt!!! I knew someone around here would know.

BTW...GONNA PICK IT UP TONIGHT AFTER WORK!

Leave a comment:

• Deadbolt
    replied

you can tell the year of the amp by the letters in the serial number. heres a link

good luck and buy that freakin amp!
    Last edited by Deadbolt; 04-21-2004, 11:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X