Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Compression: Before or after OD ???

Originally posted by Mac-P
    Yea, the Dyna comp is a good pedal if you can find a vintage one ($$$), but the Analog Man CompRosser and the Keeley Compressor are just as good or better and they are true bypass. But they are also $$$.

An old Boss CS-2 is a bargain if you can find one for cheap.

Speaking of pedal comps, anyone try that Aphex punch factory ... it's an opto-compressor (hey Rid, guess those LED/LDR's aren't quite ancient technology yet huh? {he's laughing because he knows exactly the humour involved here}, they seem to be getting popular again ... ).
    Seriously anyone try one?

FWIW, the momentary led circuit BOSS CS-1's are purported to be the holy grail in the BOSS line (although the CS-2's are really nice). I played thru one when I was 12, I can't say that I remembered much about it, as far as specifics, but it did leave a lasting impression ...
    Last edited by Kent S.; 04-21-2004, 11:08 PM.
    ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
    ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
    Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

I picked up a Japanese Boss CS-2 for $75 I think it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny R
        I picked up a Japanese Boss CS-2 for $75 I think it was.
        Yea, that's a good compressor. Much better than the CS-3 that followed it.

I used a CS-2 for years. Recently replaced it with an Analog Man Bicomp, primarily because I wanted true bypass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Rig: Gibson SG's > Peterson Strobostomp > Guyatone SV-2 Slow Volume > Voodoo Labs Microvibe > MXR '74 Phase 90 > Barber Tone Press > Barber Tone Pump > Skreddy Pink Flesh > Boss DM-2 > Maxon GE601 Graphic EQ > Reverend Kingsnake
        buggjuice.net
        MySpace: Mac-P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X