Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Out of these which one.......

Originally posted by Wattage
    What Hamer? I love the single cut Faded, basically a Special striped even further. Nothing beats a nice piece of simple mahogany but if it is a nicer Hamer you'd be crazy not to grab it.
    Well I don't think of it as a special Hamer it is one of the non-USA made ones....I've never tried one, but it gets very praised.....So it must be good. I did try the faded series. I can say that it was OK. I ended up getting a Standard instead.

This is the Hamer:

Rickenbacker:

Gear:
    Gauge Custom Guitars Double Cutaway
    1988 Strat (copy)
    Voodoo AmpsV-Plex 100w
    Voodoo amps 20:20 and 50:50 cables
    Bob Burt Custom CabinetsCustom 2x12 cab

For Sale:

Comment

Found some clips for the Rickenbacker:

Gear:
      1988 Strat (copy)
      Voodoo AmpsV-Plex 100w

For Sale:

Comment

Well I have gone for a Hamer!!! All this talk of Hamers are any of you going to post any of your pics on my thread??

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/showthread.php?t=3877
        Normans Guitars

Comment

Well if dollars are near the same I would prefer an American made guitar. I don't have anything against imports but the Ric or the Gibsons would certainly top the list, never seen that Ric kind of cool looking. The DC Faded didn't make me crazy that I played the body was a bit thinner than I like but again the SC Faded's that I have played were fine, I like the yellow, from a distance it looks like a brighter TV Special with some humbuckers thrown in.
          My Bands -
          https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
          www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
          www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
          GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by Wattage
            Well if dollars are near the same I would prefer an American made guitar. I don't have anything against imports but the Ric or the Gibsons would certainly top the list, never seen that Ric kind of cool looking. The DC Faded didn't make me crazy that I played the body was a bit thinner than I like but again the SC Faded's that I have played were fine, I like the yellow, from a distance it looks like a brighter TV Special with some humbuckers thrown in.
            I am with you on this bout the USA made gear. Nothing against imports, I loved my RG470 (thought to be a great guitar an a rival for any more expensive guitars within its range). But soince last year I sold most of my gear and started getting USA made gear. Again nothing against imported gear. That is one of the reasons I thought about the Ric and the Faded series............
            Gear:
            1988 Strat (copy)
            Voodoo AmpsV-Plex 100w

For Sale:

Comment

Wow that Rickenbacker is a beauty - I'd love to hear it...... Has anyone played or heard those, anyone own one.

Comment

Originally posted by take2
                Wow that Rickenbacker is a beauty - I'd love to hear it...... Has anyone played or heard those, anyone own one.
                yep, It looks like a great guitar. Now if I coulsd try it
                Gear:
                1988 Strat (copy)
                Voodoo AmpsV-Plex 100w

For Sale:

Comment

Originally posted by the_Chris
                  Pretty much the rule is:

non USA > any faded series, epiphone etc.
                  Not true: The fadeds are manufactured in Memphis, Tennesee. The main difference is that Gibson "cuts" af few production steps out of the process, that accounts for the often spotty consistency as well.
                  Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

the 650d is the best american guitar for the price and beats the **** out of every gibson, neck thru maple walnet body its just great, the pickups kick ass and if u dont like them u can change them.
                    Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
                    The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

Working...
                    X