Help - Annoying cab vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Annoying cab vibration

In the past few weeks, my cab has developed a really annoying vibration/rattle that happens when I hit a hard, bassy note.. like a palm muted low E or F power chord.

I popped open the cab, and the culprit appears to be a 2" by 2" piece of bracing running from the grill of the cab to the back in the center of the 4 speakers. The 2x2 block isn't braced to the back in any way, and appears to be making contact with the back (or something else inside the cab), causing a loud rattling sound.

Has anyone ever had this problem, and is there any way to fix it short of screwing/gluing the bracing onto the back of the cab?
    -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
    I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Re: Help - Annoying cab vibration

Originally posted by JohnJohn
    To permenantly fix it you should mount it to the back,(screws or glue).Failing that you could monut foam rubber between the end of the brace,(cut to fit the end exact),and the cabinet wall.By keeping it cut exact to the brace it should prevent the vibration.
    Are you certain that this isn't a brace that has rattled loose?it seems odd for someone to send out a piece with an unsecured brace,(not saying your wrong-it is just odd).
    What kind of cab is it and how old?
    Sounds like what he is describing is the soundpost, you normally have to secure those to the cabinet back and baffle. Most people screw them in, just be careful an measure accurately before drilling. They actually serve a purpose, if you play at lower volumes you'd probably never notice it, but at high levels and power chord chunking ... yep, it can either come totally loose (rare), or it just kinda knocks against the back of the cabinet. It does sound odd someone just kinda stuck it in there without attaching it to the baffle.
    ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
    ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
    Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
    X