banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which George L Cable should I use to outfit my pedal board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which George L Cable should I use to outfit my pedal board?

Hey Guys!,
    I just got my home made pedal board completed and was wondering which George L cable I should use for this board.

My local dealer carries what looks to be three different thicknesses, one is black in color and two are red. All three of these are the guitar cable.

Which will work best for a pedal board?

Thanks!

Re: Which George L Cable should I use to outfit my pedal board?

The blacks are the regular cables and the reds are "vintage." It depends on your tastes.

Comment

i'd say the thinnest are more ideal as patch cables
      Jazzmaster Owner

My eBay Auctions

Comment

Eric Johnnson says the Red sounds better. I talked to a guy who specializes in custom boards and he told me the difference between the 2 is purley the color?? I personally have not used the red I use the Black. These cables are the Best!!! My board is totally silent (aside from some amp hum from OD). Maybe someone else here has some specific knowledge of the difference, bnut I use black and it seens to be fine.
        "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

I use all red, I have 3 short jumpers for my pedals and will need to make another as I added Wattage's flanger to my lineup When I first saw those cables, I was suprised how skinny the cable was...no biggie with jumpers, and I'm used to the longer ones now...almost cable-less. Idiot proof assembly.

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
          Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
          Celestion speakers
          Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
          Too many pedals....

Comment

I'd like to know too. Is there a specific difference between the red and black George L's cables? I know the red costs more, but that's the extent of my knowledge. Their website isn't very helpful at all.
            "After I die I shall return to earth as the doorkeeper of a bordello and I won't let a one of you in." -Arturo Toscanini

Comment

The guitar shop I bought my cable from only had red..my choice was easy. I wanted the red anyway...always had black cables...so generic eh? hehe

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
              Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
              Celestion speakers
              Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
              Too many pedals....

Comment

Working...
              X