How do you store a guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you store a guitar

I have a couple of guitars I will not be playing. I will probably just store them. How should I store them?
    His Grace is Amazing

Re: How do you store a guitar

Im also interested to know about this, i guess it should be in a dry, warmish (not too warm area). Or you could send em over to me, ill look after them
    Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
    Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
    Korg AX1500G multi-fx
    RAT
    Boss PH-1r
    Ibanez cf-7
    Ibanwz ts-7
    Danelectro tremolo
    Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Comment

[. Or you could send em over to me, ill look after them [/QUOTE]

I would not have been able to resist saying that that either

His Grace is Amazing

Comment

Apparently hanging them on a wall with central heating is a bad idea because it makes the wood crack and warp.
        Epiphone LP standard
        ESP Ltd KH-602
        Gibson Flying V
        Ashdown Fallen Angel 40
        Roland Cube-15
        Dunlop Wah with Fasel
        Line 6 Mod Pro
        Line 6 DL4
        MXR 10 band EQ
        Boss CS-3 Compressor
        Boss 2 way switcher
        Boss CE-5 Chorus Esemble

Comment

Originally posted by sweet_lou
          I have a couple of guitars I will not be playing. I will probably just store them. How should I store them?
          In their cases, preferably at room temperature and humidity, depending on where you are a humidier is good for anything not solid
          Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I'd let them inside their cases, stored in a controled temp and humidity room (under the bed is usually fine). You should also slack the strings. Hanging them on wall or stand is adding a risk of shock/dings.
            Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

The best way to store a guitar long term is definatley in the case. Zerbus brings up the most essential part of storage... Humidity. A guitar needs moisture, keep the room where they are being stored between 45 to 50% humidity. Keep a meter on the wall, you can buy one for about $20.00 at Radio shack. If it is not possible to humidify the room, then buy case humidifiers. They range in price for about 20.00 to 100.00 depending on quality. Another factor is to tune the guitar down. Don't leave the strings loose, but drop down the tension on the neck. This will minimize any potential of the neck warping!! Good Luck!!
              "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
              "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Thanks to all for your help

Lou
                His Grace is Amazing

Comment

Are humidifiers needed for solidbodies?

-Matt
                  Originally posted by Scott_F
                  On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Working...
                  X