replied
    Re: How do you store a guitar

Thanks to all for your help

Lou

Leave a comment:

• Bludave
    replied

The best way to store a guitar long term is definatley in the case. Zerbus brings up the most essential part of storage... Humidity. A guitar needs moisture, keep the room where they are being stored between 45 to 50% humidity. Keep a meter on the wall, you can buy one for about $20.00 at Radio shack. If it is not possible to humidify the room, then buy case humidifiers. They range in price for about 20.00 to 100.00 depending on quality. Another factor is to tune the guitar down. Don't leave the strings loose, but drop down the tension on the neck. This will minimize any potential of the neck warping!! Good Luck!!

Leave a comment:

• Thames
    replied

I'd let them inside their cases, stored in a controled temp and humidity room (under the bed is usually fine). You should also slack the strings. Hanging them on wall or stand is adding a risk of shock/dings.

Leave a comment:

• Zerberus
    replied

Originally posted by sweet_lou
    I have a couple of guitars I will not be playing. I will probably just store them. How should I store them?
    In their cases, preferably at room temperature and humidity, depending on where you are a humidier is good for anything not solid

Leave a comment:

• SKiLLeDSLaSH
    replied

Apparently hanging them on a wall with central heating is a bad idea because it makes the wood crack and warp.

Leave a comment:

• sweet_lou
    replied

[. Or you could send em over to me, ill look after them [/QUOTE]

I would not have been able to resist saying that that either

Leave a comment:

• Dooogz
    replied

Im also interested to know about this, i guess it should be in a dry, warmish (not too warm area). Or you could send em over to me, ill look after them

Leave a comment:

• sweet_lou
    started a topic How do you store a guitar

How do you store a guitar

I have a couple of guitars I will not be playing. I will probably just store them. How should I store them?
Working...
X