Jackson experts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson experts?

So I went cruisin over to the local Guitar Center yesterday and I tried out this Jackson and...

I was more than impressed by this thing.

Trouble is, I have no idea what model it is. It was about $420, had a Floyd Rose and Duncan Designed pups in a SSH config. Any ideas?

This axe will be my next purchase after the Warmoth Strat is done
    green globe burned black by sunn

Re: Jackson experts?

paging Mr. Zerberus....
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Floyd Rose + Duncan Designed in a SSH Config: Could be just about anything, tht vague description fots to about 75% of all the Jacksons ever made since 1986

But most likely it was a DK-2, (I´m assuming the guitar was brand new and not NOS.) If it was Used or NOS, it really could be almost anything and I´d need pics to say anything worth hearing. The only reason I can guess at the DK-2 relatively safely is that they´re selling like hotcakes right now and almost every axe-dealer has one or 2 hanging around

What other specs? How many frets? Rosewood Fretboard? Sharkfins? Binding? Bolt on or Neck Thru? Bolt on: WHat does the plate say, Address and Serial Number/ Neck-thru: Serial nr is (stamped after the last fret) 5 way Switch, 3 way LP style or Mini-toggles? 1 or 2 Volumes? One or 2 tones? Strange "wah" knob? Reverse headstock or normal? Hockey stick style or 3+3 /4+2 style? 25.5" or 24.75" scale? Standard body style or something else? If the latter, Warrior, King V, Kelly, Rhoads, Death Angel, Demon, PC Archtop, JJ or Star? Sustainer system? Emg Afterburner? the list is near endless....

As you can see, to be precise I´ll need a helluva lot more than you just gave me. But off the top of my head for a new axe, it´s most likely a DK-2
      Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

It was, I think, a Dinky, with one volume, one tone and a five-way switch. Hockey stick headstock, rosewood, i think 24 frets, and I don't remember what the inlay was...

It had a transparent black finish with flame maple top that was sooooo nice, i usually hate flame maple top but this was just so nice...

Oh and it was new, not used or anything..
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I absolutely love the Phil Collen USA signature model. Near 2 grand though. One day I'll get one.

Comment

Working...
          X