Bogner Ecstasy Classic vs 101B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner Ecstasy Classic vs 101B

What's the actual difference between the 2 versions? Does anyone have any sound clips of the same riff, song, etc. through both because on the Bogner site I really can't hear a difference. I am seriously considering buying this amp so I'd like to know what the deal is first.
    Ibanez RG1570: stock
    Squier Strat: stock

Next on the list: an amp that isn't crap!

Re: Bogner Ecstasy Classic vs 101B

I've researched this quite a bit, but I know GJ can chime in as well.

The Classic is more "open" sounding than the 101B. However, the 101B is tighter and more focused and the consensus is that the Classic upgrade just isn't worth it.

For strumming and open chords, maybe one would like the Classic more.
    However for those shred gods out there, the Classic sounds muddy with fast runs and isn't as articulate.

If I were to get an Ecstasy, I'd get the early, first run 101B or the 100B models.
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

I have a first run 101B that came from the same batch as the one's that went
      to VH, Vai, G. Lynch and Cantrell. Those early 100B's and 101B's had a white chassis top and back, and were Reinholdt's brainchild. The new 101B's and Classics are very similar, but have a few less features, which you probably wouldn't miss anyway. Keep in mind, the guys who talk about which is better 100B, 101B, or Classic are basically splitting hairs. The Bogner Ecstasy is the greatest multichannel amp ever made because it has all the versatility of an amp with tons of features, but was designed well enough to sound like a roomful of single channel amps. That's why they cost so much, and people still pay it. As far as the difference between the 101B and Classic...They're both great sounding, but the Classic is a little harder sounding
      and the 101B has the sound of a power section ready to explode. Both amps will give you a wide array. I've played on every Bogner model and could make any of them my main amp. So much of the Bogner's sound is the power amp compression, which gives it a cranked, growly tone at useable volumes. The power tubes make a big difference too. IMO a Classic with Svetlana EL-34's wouldn't sound much different than a 101B with Tesla E-34L's. Too bad you didn't buy the 101B Canefront I had in the Trader Section a few weeks ago. I listed it for $2300, and it was gone in one week.
      The guy Emails me everyday telling me I changed his life! LOL
      Last edited by Gearjoneser; 04-23-2004, 02:25 PM.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
        I have a first run 101B that came from the same batch as the one's that went
        to VH, Vai, G. Lynch and Cantrell.
        Cantrell uses a 101B eh? I'm not one to be like, "So-and-so uses the blah-blah-blah, so I GOTTA get it," but I'm a huge fan of his tones, from AiC and his solo career, so I think a 101B would be good for me
        Ibanez RG1570: stock
        Squier Strat: stock

Next on the list: an amp that isn't crap!

Comment

Yeah, I'm not concerned with who owned them before, I just knew it was the amp I had to have, for what it did. I had to sell a couple amps and throw in more money, just to buy mine used. I'm not sure how much they sell for now, but it's probably around $3600 for the head. That's a difficult amount of money to justify for an amp, so finding a used one is your best bet.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
          X