banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's arrived - Loaded pickguard (large pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's arrived - Loaded pickguard (large pics)

Guys,

Some of may know that I a little while ago I ordered a set of Fralin pups and (pearloid) pickguard for one of my strats. They arrived yesterday (Friday 23rd April) and I got Lew to do it all for me. Because I am not the best person in changing pups out etc, I basically wanted it all loaded up so that I could put it into my Fender Jap Vintage '57 strat without any problems. I also wanted to see what these pups were like as at the time I was going to have a custom built strat made for me. Because of holidays and slight delays with customs they finally came.

I also wanted to see what these pups were like as at the time I was going to have a custom built strat made for me. Because of holidays and slight delays with customs they finally came. So I thougnt I would share some pictures that I have just taken and because I have a spare evening will try and put this in. I might be having to come to some of you guys for advice so be prepared. Incidentally the pups are Fralin Vintage Hots with a base plate on the bridge pup. Volume bleed and blender for one of the tone controls. Oh and can I thank Lew for doing this work - as you will see from the pictures he has kindly signed it for me and the neatness of his work and the solder joints are very good.

Normans Guitars

Re: It's arrived - Loaded pickguard (large pics)

Looks great..I hope that you will like them

Comment

cool!! I'm eager to hear how they sound.
      '01 Gibson Les Paul Standard (stock BB V's)
      Squier Fat Strat (stock/duckbucker/stock)
      '66 Fender Bassman
      Fender Champion 600
      Fender Stage 100

Comment

Nice work from Lew....Best of toneful luck with your Fralins also..

John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Guys,

By way of an update - I have just installed the pick ups and the guard. Very easy to do (and my first complete installation myself!!). Because my '82 JV (Fender Japanese Vintage) is a '57 vintage re-issue, I had to get an 8 hole pickguard with the Fralin pups etc loaded on. Lew had to specially order the pickguard for me with the correct dimensions, I was wondering if it would fit without having to make holes in the body or do some filling in etc. Well I am glad to say that there was no problem getting it in. I have soldered everything correctly and just tuned it up (although have not played it through my amps as yet). I think the pups will need adjusting as they are not at the correct height but that's fine tuning/tweaking any hints tips gratefully received.

I have taken a quick picture for you guys and by the way this guitar is called "Blackie".

Normans Guitars

Comment

Looks sweet!!! I have always wanted to try those pup's myself.

BTW is the date that Lew put on the back of the pickguard right?

Comment

Looks like a great guitar.

And Lew: Quality work bro. Looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by stratsandaks
                Looks sweet!!! I have always wanted to try those pup's myself.

BTW is the date that Lew put on the back of the pickguard right?
                You know in the excitement of getting in and installing it I did not notice the date - it should actually be "3-20-04" and not "3-20-03". Have to deduct some points of Lew for this error!!!
                Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Norman_T
                  You know in the excitement of getting in and installing it I did not notice the date - it should actually be "3-20-04" and not "3-20-03". Have to deduct some points of Lew for this error!!!
                  Error? Darn, I thought maybe I had stumbled on to one of Lew's top secret tricks for adding a vintage vibe.

So how do they sound?

Comment

Really anxious to hear how they sound - I live in Faralin's home town of Richmond Va and am considering some of his pups for a Les Paul.

Comment

Looks awfully nice

Comment

Looks beautiful! Have fun
                        My Soundclick page.

Comment

Working...
                        X