Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick q, please help

alrite guys, here it is

some of the holes for my pickgaurd seem to be to large, in the sense that i can just push the screws in, so my pickgaurd isnt snug to the body.....what can i do fill in the holes to make it snug again, besides getting larger screws?

would glue work, fill the hole, or put a bit in there, let it dry, and screw her in?

on a side note, i got some q-parts knobs today, 1 with a "tiger eye" ish top, the other a green-gray-black earthy type top....they look nice, only 6 bucks each....a little "customization"

also, if i wanna paint my guitar, sand it all off, than paint, and what do i use to finish? any spray on stuff?
    Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
    Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
    Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
    Crate VC-3112
    Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
    Fender Bassman 60

Re: quick q, please help

Get some toothpicks and stick the skinny end down to the bottom of the hole, snap it of at the right height - you can push any little extra's down with a small screwdriver. Repeat with more toothpicks until you can fit no more. If you want to put a drop or so of wood glue, elmers glue or even super glue in before you start putting toothpicks in, that will help it hold together. You're screws will be nice and tight.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

that worked like a charm, thanks
      Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
      Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
      Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
      Crate VC-3112
      Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
      Fender Bassman 60

Comment

I like to use super glue and baking soda. drop of glue, soda, then glue. works like a charm, and dosnt strip out nearly as easlily, although I have used Jeffs method several times. Its always good to have options.
        This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Working...
        X