banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a good replacement bridge for Squier Strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good replacement bridge for Squier Strat?

I know, if I'm going to replace parts why not get a MIM Strat, but I got this gorgeous candy apple red Squier Strat on a trade for an amp and the only thing I don't like is the 'metally' tone coming from the bridge.

I can ping it with my finger and tell it's cheap. Do replacement Fender bridges have the same 6 screw alignment as the Squiers?. Thanks.
    Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Re: What's a good replacement bridge for Squier Strat?

ummm Fender makes MIM Strats in Candy Apple Red.

But you can probably go to your local shop and just get somethin better, or maybe check out the Hipshot site (don't know the URL, sorry man) and see if they've got anything.
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Re: What's a good replacement bridge for Squier Strat?

I think I heard once that changing out the sustain block can help improve the sound - but don't hold me to that, I've never done the mod, and I can't remember where I heard it.

I'm sure WD music products make these, so you could always fire them an email to ask about screw alignment and sound. The screw sizes are US on these, so you'd need to check to see if the squire uses the same sizes, or if they are metric. (Probably easier to change the whole bridge).

I think the squire bridges do have slightly different dimensions, the bridge pocket dimensions on the scratchplates are slightly different. Best thing you could do is ask the question, I've always found the guys at WD UK pretty receptive to answering these kinds of questions.

Comment

Working...
      X