Cool Toy, thanks Gearjoneser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Toy, thanks Gearjoneser

I was at GJ's place a few weeks back and he had this Line 6 multi-delay modeling box.

It's a pretty cool toy. Three custom preset foot buttons, a wealth of old tape and tube echoes and best of all, it's got this 14 second loop recorder, which you can set at 1/2 speed at record a 28 second loop.

I like to pull out some background CDs and play along with them or sometimes, record some background stuff and play it back with my little Boss 4 track, but this is fast, simple and it works really well. You can save it, but that's not the point. As long as you keep it in the loop mode, you can just turn it on and off whenever you please. Then you can go back in with your leads and add echoes to them in real time. You can also add a bit of echo when you record to give your loop a bit of reverb if you wish.

This is a pretty cool toy guys. Very pricey, but I waited and found one pretty cheaply as a scratch and sniff from AMS.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Re: Cool Toy, thanks Gearjoneser

It's funny. When I first bought the Line 6 Delay modeler, I wasn't much into the delay thing and sold it. A few years later, I traded something for one, and started delving into it to find the things it really does great. Now, I use it to add space to my sound on a few songs, kinda like Edge from U2. I love the tap tempo, so I can make sure all the delays sinc up with the band. I've messed with the loop function too. It's cool for writing solos for your songs. You can just loop your chord progression and practice over it for as long as you need to. Try getting band members to do that!
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Yea I was gonna get one but the price tag scared me away.

Comment

Have any of you guys tried the Boss RC-20 Loop Station? I've had this pedal for about a year now and I love it! I got it new and it is a bit pricey ($300 w/ power supply) but Its well worth it.

This thing let's you record for up to 5 minutes and 30 seconds!!! It also has a tap tempo which is super handy. It's got a cool reverse function that plays back whatever you recorded in reverse. It has 10 selectable bays to store your phrases and you can get an external footswitch to select the reverse feature or sequentially switch through the 10 bays!! It is a bit noisy (it is digital) but overall I think the technology rocks for a foot pedal. It also has the "center cancel" feature that enables you to record from an external source (cd player) and cancel out whatever is mixed in the center. This allows you to record a backing track from your favorite song and wipe out the solo and add your own. I've never tried this myself but it sounds cool. It's not perfect either, if the solo has some heavy reverb on it, you will hear some bleed through.

I use mine for the sole purpose of working out solos for my songs. I'm no longer in a band and this pedal is perfect for playing alone. I run mine through the effects loop so it doesn't compete with my lead signal (different frequencies). I used to run my guitar straight through but that meant the pedal recorded the tone from the guitar/pups and not the amp. Using the effect loop enables you to record the tone from the amp!

Another cool idea is to use the pedal to dial in your tone. For this, you want to record your lick/song straight from the guitar. Then run the pedal out to the input of your amp. Now the pedal is playing your guitar for you over and over. Now your hands free to tweak your amp to find the exact tone that sounds the best for the particular lick you recorded. I find this especially useful for my Mesa DR and its highly sensitive PRESENCE control
        1978 Lefty Gibson Les Paul Custom (C5 bridge, Jazz neck) with Jimmy Page wiring
        1996 Lefty Fender Jazzmaster (w/ SD Antiquity IIs)
        2003 Lefty Taylor 414RCE (Rosewood Limited Edition with Expression System)
        Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier 3-channel through Marshall 1960A cabinet via THD HotPlate
        Effects: Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah, Fulltone DejaVibe, Maxon Rotary Phaser (PH-350), Boss DD6, Boss RC20 LoopStation, BBE Sonic Stomp

Comment

I have found the 28 seconds to be slightly limiting, but sufficient for my needs. The true treasure with the L6 pedal is the numerous types of delays. They are sweet.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Also, mix in other FX with it, and you'll get some otherworldly sounds!

I'm undecided on whether I want the purple Filter pedal. There's some crazy sounds in it, but some real unmusical burps and farts too. I guess I'd have to play with it a lot to find anything useful out of it. I tend to be a plug in and play type, but some of these FX are great for adding color to verses, or whatever.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Yeah, I think with all that barbque and beer that night, we probably had the burps and farts thing covered.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Alright, which one of you jack@sses farted in my mic!
                ~ Life In Every Breath~

www.gordonsgroovyguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                X