No announcement yet.

Any...er Kramer owners on this board??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any...er Kramer owners on this board??

The prices went down to the bottom overhere, and I am buying a few superstrats.....with APS-1's and JB's installed from factory...hehe great and ofr's.
    Got two Pacers, a custom deluxe and a CustomII that I am looking at, hopefully I'll get one of them monday or tuesday, going to try out the CustomII today.

Re: Any...er Kramer owners on this board??

Kramer is one of the guitars I was considering, last Christmas while looking for something for my boy. I was wondering what their quality is like.

If you feel like it, a mini-review would be cool after you get to mess with them a bit.

Comment

Hehe yeah but they are from the late 80's.
      87 or 88 I belive.
      I hope that I can get the CustomII like the dinky body on that one, no annoying pickguard
      But yep I will write something when I get it

Comment

Oh . . . well that could be completely different then.

Still, guitar reviews are always interesting to read.

Comment

Anyways take alook at this site.

They reviewed an 84 and a Striker.
          And if you ever stumble over VHoholic's clips, he uses a new Striker with a 59 in the bridge, he really has a great sound.

Comment

I have a 'new' Kramer off musicyo.com. Basically Gibson bought up kramer and is getting them going again, or something like that. I love my Kramer. I had to change the TOM because it was so rattly but for reduced sale price ($200) its not too important. The quadrail pickups on it sound really thick and meaty (if i can find better words) and the coil splitting adds to the versatility. The neck is pretty slim with a shallow C profile. I find it very comfortable and fast. To add to this the Gotoh tuners work very well so all in all, for the money i think Kramers are very good.

Comment

Well just came back from the first of them, the Pacer DeluxeII....the Floyd studs where leaning heavily, and the body needed repair where the studs where anchored.
              Otherwise it was nice 87 with very little wear, and it had two APS-1's and a JB plus an org Floyd.
              I will look at the other Kramer Pacer Deluxe later on, hopefully it will need no repairs....I really do not want to spend too much effort on them, fretwear is ok, but Floyd troubles is no fun.
              Last edited by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon; 04-25-2004, 07:11 AM.

Comment

I'm not really that big a fan of the "Floyd" Kramers, but I have an aluminum necked that I absolutely love! Amazing quality for the prices these days.

Comment

Hehe the next one I am going to give a try, has a white flip flop colourscheme....now that is a fun looking thing.
                  I hope that the Floyd studs are in better condition on that one.
                  It is this one.....dunno about that black pickguard though.....and that recessed cavity will take a hike....I hate them.
                  It has two APS-1's and a JB.
                  Probally going to keep those in it, don't have any guitars with JB's so...
                  Last edited by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon; 04-25-2004, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Id love to get my hands on some of the old ones. Always wanted that odd shaped one the guys in Queensryche played in the early days.. Pacer Imperial I think it was..
                    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I missed the boat. The prices went right down about three-five years ago where I live, and now they're creeping up again. Still, I hope to find a bargain baretta one of these days...
                      Originally posted by Jolly
                      ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Big Kramer fan here!!!!. I've had a few through my hands, but currently only own one - an 87 Pacer Custom which I've had from new. They are great players guitars and come with all the right bits (OFR, Duncans). A good second hand one is better than most new guitars these days IMHO and can still be had for reasonable amounts. Here's mine......

Kramer Pacer Custom
                        Last edited by Rocker35; 04-25-2004, 07:04 PM.
                        GUITARS
                        STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
                        AMPS
                        Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

I have a Kramer Pacer Deluxe, much like that antique white one with the pickguard shown above. The only difference is that it's black and has the hocky-stick tilted headstock. It's in serious need of a refret, and the Floyd doesn't stay in tune, but I think that's worn knife-edges because the posts seem pretty secure. Nice guitar.
                          This machine kills fascists

Comment

Ah Rocker35 that is a nice Pacer CustomI
                            I was looking a CustomII yesterday, but the Floyd was in dire need of a resetup due to very slanted studs.....the innotation was way off.
                            I'll probally buy a Pacer Deluxe today, Flip Flop White

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wolf
                              I have a 'new' Kramer off musicyo.com. Basically Gibson bought up kramer and is getting them going again, or something like that. I love my Kramer. I had to change the TOM because it was so rattly but for reduced sale price ($200) its not too important. The quadrail pickups on it sound really thick and meaty (if i can find better words) and the coil splitting adds to the versatility. The neck is pretty slim with a shallow C profile. I find it very comfortable and fast. To add to this the Gotoh tuners work very well so all in all, for the money i think Kramers are very good.
                              I was thinking about getting the Custom Les Paul, it's got the Elliptical, Slim-Taper neck. Does yours also have that one? I'm very excited about buying one, but I don't have a credit card (yet).
                              Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
                              Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
                              Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
                              Marshall 2x12 Vintage
                              Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

Working...
                              X