I need help I amlooking at a Hot Rod Deville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help I amlooking at a Hot Rod Deville

The original speakers were replaced with Greenbacks.

Here is the description.

The power section was re-tubed and biased a few months ago. It now has Ruby EL-34’s instead of the 6L6’s that these normally come with. This was only used as a back up amp so there is less than 5 hours on these tubes. The speakers have also been replaced with a pair of Celestion greenbacks. Its very clean and has casters.

What do you think it's worth?
    His Grace is Amazing

Re: I need help I amlooking at a Hot Rod Deville

its worth whatever moron is willing to pay for it on fleabay. No, sorry. lol. You could probably catch 150 or so more than list.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Lou -

I think I sold my Hot Rod Deluxe for $400 about a year ago. Intersting to have a Fender with EL34's. You could argue that the changes/mods increase the value, or decrease the value. The EL34's IMO detract from the value of a Fender, but the Greenbacks are an upgrade. Check eBay to see what the going value of the Deville is....and then knock of about 10-15%. I'd start negotiating from there.

Good luck.
      My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H
        Lou -

I think I sold my Hot Rod Deluxe for $400 about a year ago. Intersting to have a Fender with EL34's. You could argue that the changes/mods increase the value, or decrease the value. The EL34's IMO detract from the value of a Fender, but the Greenbacks are an upgrade. Check eBay to see what the going value of the Deville is....and then knock of about 10-15%. I'd start negotiating from there.

Good luck.
        The owner said he bought it as a backup for his Marshal 800 and did the mods to get it to sound more like his Marshal. He said it didn't quite get it.
        I was thinking about it but, I'll pass.

Thanks
        His Grace is Amazing

Comment

retube it with 6l6s and you'd have a good sounding amp. The deville would benefit from greenbacks.
          Originally posted by Jolly
          ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot _Grits
            retube it with 6l6s and you'd have a good sounding amp. The deville would benefit from greenbacks.
            yes, spend like 60 bucks and you'd proly increase the value 100 bucks.

Comment

well someone thought a lot of it It just closed for 585.00
              His Grace is Amazing

Comment

Hey Lou, look around for an old Blues Deluxe. Better amp, in my opinion. I've carried one around for years as a back-up to my Marshall's.
                Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Working...
                X