CCR gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCR gear?

can anybody tell me what amps CCR played through?
    http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
    >cord<
    1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Re: CCR gear?

Originally posted by flank
    can anybody tell me what amps CCR played through?
    Kustom Tuck and Roll heads and cabs and Fender Twin Amps...

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I believe this is the first time I've ever seen anyone ask about CCR in the 4-5 years of me being on this forum.......great band!!

Comment

man i love em too jolly...., i was just interested in their amps and what not, that down south cluck and grunt sound i really love, particularly on Green River......
        http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
        >cord<
        1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Tuck and Rolls all the way. They also played Fender combos nad I'm not sure about this one but maybe a plexi... Anyone know?

G.I.
          Squier Strat (JB Jr.)
          Peavey Valve King 1x12
          Ibanez PF15CE Acoustic/Electric

Comment

I thought they played Ric transamps, or whatever they're called ... the sort of V shaped ones ...amps
            "music heals"
            facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
              I thought they played Ric transamps, or whatever they're called ... the sort of V shaped ones ...amps
              They were all about the Kustom Amps Curly...I have several pictures both live and studio that show some great gear shots..

John
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Look through several pictures within this gallery and you'll see the Kustom and Fender amps that were used..

Comment

I love CCR too, one of the key bands that got me into guitar in the first place!!!

As far as gear goes i dont have a clue though, i do know however that John used a rickenbacker something-a-rather for stuff like suzie Q, or so he said on a live studio recording tape ive got.
                  My Soundclick page.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Angus
                    I love CCR too, one of the key bands that got me into guitar in the first place!!!

As far as gear goes i dont have a clue though, i do know however that John used a rickenbacker something-a-rather for stuff like suzie Q, or so he said on a live studio recording tape ive got.
                    Yep...The post was specific to amps though... Fogerty did use Rics and Gibson axes..335 Looks like?

John

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
                      Yep...The post was specific to amps though... Fogerty did use Rics and Gibson axes..335 Looks like?

John
                      And Les Pauls..

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY
                        I believe this is the first time I've ever seen anyone ask about CCR in the 4-5 years of me being on this forum.......great band!!
                        Absolutely. John Fogerty is one of the best songwriters and singers that ever lived.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Rig: Gibson SG's > Peterson Strobostomp > Guyatone SV-2 Slow Volume > Voodoo Labs Microvibe > MXR '74 Phase 90 > Barber Tone Press > Barber Tone Pump > Skreddy Pink Flesh > Boss DM-2 > Maxon GE601 Graphic EQ > Reverend Kingsnake
                        buggjuice.net
                        MySpace: Mac-P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

One of John Fogerty's guitars was a Ric that he modified so heavily that he relabelled the headstock with the name "Acme".

Isn't "Born On A Bayou" one of the greatest rock 'n roll songs ever done by anyone?
                          John Cipollina August 24, 1943 - May 29, 1989

Comment

well bout damn time one of us speak up for the green river gang... JF's sound was and continues to be so basic yet effective, I spent many teenage bedroom jam sessions learing those licks and sounds. Long flow the riverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Working...
                            X