recording problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recording problems

I just got me a Fostex MR-8 digital recorder. I followed the instructions to convert it to a WAV format, and then i made a new music CD project, put that on there, and recorded, and finalized it.... but it won't play in my stereo. Am i doing something wrong?? I don't understand it... don't WAV files work once burned onto a CD when put in stereos?? Or do i need to convert it somehow, and if so, to what??

I feel real bad, cuz my dad just spent a good amount of money to get all this stuff, and its not working.
    '01 Gibson Les Paul Standard (stock BB V's)
    Squier Fat Strat (stock/duckbucker/stock)
    '66 Fender Bassman
    Fender Champion 600
    Fender Stage 100

Re: recording problems

If you have a wav file, i think you just go into something like nero, choose music cd and it'll convert the wav into a .DAT file and set it up the way it needs to be to be read in audio cd players.

Comment

Did you finalize it? I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I have to do that on my Roland.

Comment

Not only does the CD need to be finalized before it can be read by a CD player, but not every disc player will read a burned CD. My Pioneer Elite CD player and Sony Walkman will both read a burned CD, yet, for some reason, my Sony DVD player will not read burns of any kind, even a burn made in a professional mastering studio! So, if you've finalized the CD, make sure you try it in a couple of players, also.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I finalized it.... it worked in my dads, but not in mine. Mine, has, however, NEVER had a problem playing CDs, before, burned or not.... so i don't know what the deal was. I just hope it works on the CD players the directors use to listen to audition tapes....
          '01 Gibson Les Paul Standard (stock BB V's)
          Squier Fat Strat (stock/duckbucker/stock)
          '66 Fender Bassman
          Fender Champion 600
          Fender Stage 100

Comment

You can always import the files to your hard drive from the burned CD, and re-burn/finalize a new one ... see if that will play on your CD player.
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Put the disc in a PC cd drive and see what format the audio file is. If you see a .wav file you'll need to pull it it off the hdd and re-burn it as cd audio. Your Dad may have a player that'll read .wav and .mp3 files.
              Last edited by Wattage; 04-25-2004, 07:30 PM.
              My Bands -
              https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
              www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
              www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
              GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by jmv
                I just got me a Fostex MR-8 digital recorder. I followed the instructions to convert it to a WAV format, and then i made a new music CD project, put that on there, and recorded, and finalized it.... but it won't play in my stereo. Am i doing something wrong?? I don't understand it... don't WAV files work once burned onto a CD when put in stereos?? Or do i need to convert it somehow, and if so, to what??

I feel real bad, cuz my dad just spent a good amount of money to get all this stuff, and its not working.
                Sounds familiar. I have had similar problems with my MR8. It doesn't work and play real well with other devices. I have lost a number of tracks for one reason or another thanks to the MR8.

Comment

Working...
                X