Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Metal guitars - ALL neck heavy?

Originally posted by kill your scene
    it's really frustrating trying to find an "extreme" guitar that's as balanced as my Strat.
    I found the BC Rich Warlock to be pretty comfortable, and it fits in the extreme guitar shape catagory.

I'd like to test out a Mockingbird, but all I can find are those damn acrylics .
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

I use leather straps. That might help because the leather grips to your body.
      I had never thought of my Yamaha SG as being neck heavy, but last week I showed up for practice without my leather strap and had to borrow a nylon strap from our bassplayer. As soon as I put it on and turned loose of the neck it slid down! It's no problem as long as I wear a leather strap.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
        I am going to find something heavy and small enough and tape it to the end of the strap for my Jackson Kelly...
        I bought a better strap, and that helped a lot, and enough. But I would like it to be as balanced as my strat offcourse. I can't remember this problem when playing the guitar in the shop(a lot)...

I have a strange shaped bass, and it has the strap button on the nec joint, and it is balanced... Coult it be possible to get the strap buton on the nec joint for my Kelly? The balance may be caused by the cheap and light wood in the bass though...

enyne who had the strap button moved on a Kelly who knows?
        A ferw guys on the J/C Forums said the moving the (lower, bout mounted)button to the Top "neck furthest" (so bass side corner on the Bridge side) solves head heaviness in Bolt-on Kellys. Never tried it myself, Kellys are the only Jackson I canīt really get to like (but a KING Kelly )
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by 570ex
          i find ibanez RG's to be well balanced and a can def. be used for metal
          absolutely agree, bro....
          Psychic Horns

Comment

Actually, I've come to love my neck-heavy Cobra. At first, it seemed awkward, but now that I'm used to it I find it MORE comfortable because I'm supporting most of the weight with my arm and my shoulders don't get tired. I now see what designer Greg Bennett says on the samickguitar.com site that it's balanced for those long nights on stage. Just my 2 cents.
            Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

I don't think I've ever played a neck-heavy Explorer. There's always so much more mass in the body as opposed to the neck.
              Gibson SG Standard (498T/498R)
              Schecter C-1 Elite (Custom/59)
              Fender Deluxe Double Fat Strat (Carvin SD22/M22N)
              Yamaha FG-413S acoustic
              Marshall G15CDR
              Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100
              Marshall 1960A
              Boss ME-50
              ...and just a little talent.

Comment

Working...
              X