• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JammerMatt
    replied
    Re: how do u cahnge strings in floyd rose

Originally posted by JOLLY
    LOL.....sorry you had to type all that.
    No prob. I should've checked to see if anyone else was working on it. If I don't keep my hands busy somehow, they just get me in trouble.

-Matt

Leave a comment:

• JOLLY
    replied

Originally posted by JammerMatt
    11. Don't drop the clippings on the floor. They HURT when you step on em.
    OMG!! I've done that quite a few times. I can look for days and not find them.....but I sure find them when one goes in my foot.....talk about some serious cussin and pain.

Leave a comment:

• JOLLY
    replied

Or do like Jolly says...
    LOL.....sorry you had to type all that.

Leave a comment:

• HolyDirt
    replied

my lord I FEEL YOUR PAIN lol

Leave a comment:

• JammerMatt
    replied

Or do like Jolly says...

Leave a comment:

• JammerMatt
    replied

Here's how I do it.

1. I first loosen the locking nuts. Those are the nuts at the end of the neck before the headstock. Just loose enough so the string passes through.... not all the way off.

1a. Before removing any strings I reset the fine tuners. The fine tuners are those little wheels on the bridge. I set the Low E through D strings at about half travel. I set the G through high E strings at about 3/4 travel ABOVE the bridge, so you have lots of room to tighten. They seem to go out of tune more often for me, and require fine tuning.

2. First off, do one string at a time. If you take 'em all off, you will have to block the tremelo with something like a wood block, or else the thing will just pull back and point at the moon. I use a stack of business cards behind the tremelo if I ever remove all the strings... like when changing a pickup or something. Anyway... one string at a time. I start on Low E (Big String).

3. I loosen the E string at the tuning peg. My Jackson has a fantastic finish so I don't even risk the scratches. As soon as the string is loose I cut it near the tuning peg and pull it through the locking nut.

4. Using the Allen wrench, I loosen the locking saddle at the bridge. It is the long screw or nut-looking thing that points towards the butt end (body) of the guitar. I just loosen it enough so that the saddle comes loose and you can move the string out.

5. Remove the string from the saddle. Don't turn the guitar over or anything at this point. The saddles can fall out

6. Here's a cool trick. Most strings have a ball on the end, and most dudes clip the ball off and stick that end into the bridge. Instead, I thread the string through the tuning peg and let the ball sit in the tuning peg. It's a very solid connection with little slippage, and one less cut to make. I then thread the string through the locking nut and back to the bridge. I cut off most of the remainder of the string past the bridge, and leave myself about an inch and a half beyond the saddle.

7. Stick the end you just cut into the saddle, and push it until it stops.

8. Tighten the saddle screw that you loosened in Step 4. Don't crimp too hard or you might sever the string. I go a little beyond finger tight. Use your Allen wrench.

9. Tune the string to about F or F#, and it will strech some while you're working the others

10. Repeat on the adjacent string.

12. When you're done, tune, tune and retune about half a dozen times.

13. Lock down the locking nuts. A little past finger tight should work. Use the Allen wrench.

14. Tune using your fine tuners.

15. Play it, bend the strings, hit some Lynch-like pinch harmonics, and do some dive bombing.

16. Put it away a while. Come back and retune.

17. Bada bing!

Anyone else, please feel free to chime in!!

Leave a comment:

• some_dude
    replied

The official home of the authentic Floyd Rose Tremolo System, Upgrades, Parts, Accessories, Audio, and more

Leave a comment:

• JOLLY
    replied

Maybe this will help. It's better than if I tried to explain it...lol

http://guitar.about.com/library/howto/htfloydrose.htm

http://www.musicgearreview.com/featu...rose-setup.htm

Leave a comment:

• chrisj
    started a topic how do u cahnge strings in floyd rose

how do u cahnge strings in floyd rose

hi i recently acquired a discontinued guitar called charvette by charvel. it has a floyd rose tremelo and i have no idea on how to change the strings on it. can ne1 help me out?
    Thx
Working...
X