banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to get new hardware, how do i go about it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to get new hardware, how do i go about it?

Hey everyone. I recently picked up a Dean EVO Dragster (see the link). I bought it with the intention of upgrading the hardware and pickups. I know how to go about the pickups, but what about the hardware? I'd like to replace all the black hardware with chrome or gold, not black. What kind of bridge do I have? I've been playing for 2 years but I've never really paid much attention the gear/technical side of stuff, just theory and practicing lol. I'd like to make this guitar perform at it's maximum, and I know new hardware would help. Which stuff though, and how should i go about doing it? Thanks
    Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
    Ibanez RG1570 Custom
    PRS McCarty STD
    '71 Gibson SG Custom
    Bogner Alchemist 2x12
    Vox AD15VT

Re: I want to get new hardware, how do i go about it?

take it to a tech, and ask him what he thinks will make this guitar perform to its highest level, then have him set it up, ect. Its really hard to explain, sorry.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

I went to the Dean website, didn't see anything there about exactly what they install in the Dragster, but found an email address you could try: [email protected].
      also found their phone number and mailing address:
      Dean Guitar Company
      Warranty Department
      15251 Roosevelt Blvd., Suite 206
      Clearwater, FL 33760
      727-519-9669

Comment

Looks like a combination stoptail/bridge. Dean uses a lot of tonepro's stuff, even on some of the midrange guitars. I would imagine that if it's not a tonepros bridge, you could replace it with one. You would just need to measure the width of the studs.

As for tuners, Dean also uses Grovers for the most part. If you're looking for a chrome set I have one for sale...took them off my Dean Hardtail - 18:1 rotomatics. Knobs you can buy anywhere and in any color...they're all pretty much the same size.

Good Luck
        My Sound Clips

Comment

Check out the Stewart-MacDonald site. They have just about everything you would need.

Comment

Don't forget about SOFTWARE ! (and freeware too!)
            Make PC a guitar fx processor

Comment

Working...
            X