Boss ME50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss ME50

Anybody with any experience with this unit? Pros/Cons and inbetweens.

Thanks
    Walt

Re: Boss ME50

Originally posted by walt
    Anybody with any experience with this unit? Pros/Cons and inbetweens.

Thanks
    Walt
    Use the search function to find a thread called "Multi Effects", you'll find all the information you need.

Comment

I wouldn't use one for gigs; don't think it would survive very long. My GT3 has lasted as long as it has due to the metal chasis.
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
        I wouldn't use one for gigs; don't think it would survive very long. My GT3 has lasted as long as it has due to the metal chasis.
        Why not? The ME-50 has a metal case also. I just got mine and haven't had a chance to evaluate it yet, but it looks promising.

Comment

Originally posted by TattooedCarrot
          Why not? The ME-50 has a metal case also. I just got mine and haven't had a chance to evaluate it yet, but it looks promising.
          I like mine.

Yes, it does have a metal chassis. The effects are of superb quality and it's extremly easy to use, and very quick just to add a bit of this or that instead of scrolling through menus like I did with my digitech. Nothing against digitech of course, but the me-50 is simpler and more effective.
          2002 PRS Singlecut, Duncan Custom / '59
          2002 Gibson LP Sandard, Duncan Custom / Burstbucker Pro
          Washburn BT2 "experimental guitar", ever changing pups
          Laney TT-20 + cab
          Marshall DSL50
          Enough effects to sink a battleship

I build custom fuzz and switch/loop boxes! PM me with your dream and I'll see what I can do!

"I, my friend, am danger on legs. DO NOT mess with me".

Comment

My bad; I thought it had a plastic case. Mea culpa!

I'm not a fan of the Boss muti-effects units, personally, and use my GT3 as a mute pedal and tuner only ...

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
              My bad; I thought it had a plastic case. Mea culpa!

I'm not a fan of the Boss muti-effects units, personally, and use my GT3 as a mute pedal and tuner only ...
              Wow, thats a huge tuner! Boss makes a little tuner(TU-2?) that can mute as well, you might think aout selling your GT3 and just getting that. You'd recoup a coupla bucks and shrink your tuner's stage footprint!

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by msawitzke
                Wow, thats a huge tuner! Boss makes a little tuner(TU-2?) that can mute as well, you might think aout selling your GT3 and just getting that. You'd recoup a coupla bucks and shrink your tuner's stage footprint!

Mike
                I like the look of the Fender one w/the HUGE display and the mute switch, too. I like the GT3 b/c it's virtually indestructable; I've played many many gigs with it and it's impervious to beer, soda, water, and smoke, in realistic doses. I like looking down and being able to read what's going on, and I have big feet, and once you add the obligatory motorcyle boots (!!), I need a giant pedal!

Comment

Working...
                X