tonla characteristics of swamp ash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tonla characteristics of swamp ash?

how does the tonal characteristics of northern ash and swamp ash compare to the tone of the japanese variety of ash known as 'sen' ?

cheers,
    t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Re: tonla characteristics of swamp ash?

Originally posted by Lewguitar
      Cool as that might sound I don't know how anyone could play a heavy ax like that all night and not need a chiropractor and massage therapist the next day. Lew
      Truth be known, with the nice padded strap i've got, i can play it standing for around 2 hours... after that i'll need to sit down or lean against somthing. It's a beast, but no worse than some of the heavy LP Customs i've played. However, if i was feeling particularly ambitious, i'd get myself a surplus load bearing vest, and hook it up to that. Personally, for P-basses, hard ash is the way to go, at least in my opinion. It weighs a ton, but it doesn't get all spongy the way that swamp ash does. Swamp ash IMO, is more of a Jazz Bass thing
      Teenagers can't sing the Blues. They ain't fixin' to die yet. Adults sing the Blues. In Blues, "adulthood" means being old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.

Comment

Working...
      X