I really like this guitar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really like this guitar...

Lately I've been liking classics a lot... there's just something about the simplicity of having a plain top and burst finish that I love... everybody has or is going for flames and quilts these days and I just seem to love plains... I saw this one this morning... I swear that guy will build me one someday... a lot of guys heard me talk about this dude in the last year... sorry but this guitar's just too beautiful to me...

Looks really cool. Do like that heel access or lack of one to go up to the top, have you tried one? Is it a brazilian neck or something as well?

Norman
    Normans Guitars

Comment

i agree about the flame tops, a plain top is almost more eye catching since you dont see them that often. nice looking guitar

Comment

Great guitar but this company will soon be sued by Gibson for patented single cut shape and will have to pay fees and....
        Pickups used :
        Les Paul: A2'59/'PGn ; SP90-1/SP90-1
        PRS Santana 1: Phat Cats
        PRS CU22 : SLb/'59n ; A2'59b/PGn ; Phat Cats
        PRS McCarty : A2P/A2P ; SL/SL
        PRS Singlecut : Ant/Ant ; SLb/59n
        PRS Modern Eagle : SLb/Antn
        PRS Hollow : Ant/Ant
        PRS Mc Soap : SP90-1/SP90-3 ;SP90-1/SP90-1/SP90-3
        PRS Mc Deluxe : Antiquity II minis
        Strat : APS1TwBg/APS1rwrp/APS1T; APS1TwBg/SSL1rwrp/SSL1;Antiquity II Set;Antiquity Texas Hot Set
        Teles : 59b/PGn ; Ant set ; JDb/SSL1rwrp/SSL1
        SG : SP90-1/SP90-1

Comment

I think with the right grain, a plain top can be even more beautiful than a flame or quilt. That guitar definitely shows that it's made from quality woods... I like it a lot.
          Originally posted by kevlar3000
          I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
          Originally posted by Zerberus
          Better is often the enemy of good
          Originally posted by ginormous
          Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

This is a luthier, not really a company, he only does custom stuff so I wouldn't worry much about gibson's lawyers... I don't know much about this particular one since the specs are not posted completely, it's a custom made for the luthier's brother or something like that...
            Norman: I'll only try one when I get enough money to buy one... If I get the job I'm looking for right now I could very well post pics of one in a year or so.... (crosses fingers and wishes...)

Comment

thats a really nice guitar. very pretty, and i like the heel alot. beautiful colour.
              "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I likes it, but it looks HEAVY!!!
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by Surgeon
                  This is a luthier, not really a company, he only does custom stuff so I wouldn't worry much about gibson's lawyers... I don't know much about this particular one since the specs are not posted completely, it's a custom made for the luthier's brother or something like that...
                  Norman: I'll only try one when I get enough money to buy one... If I get the job I'm looking for right now I could very well post pics of one in a year or so.... (crosses fingers and wishes...)
                  Surgeon,

Thanks it would be nice if you could get your hands on one and I am keeping everything crossed for you, so hopefully you don't have to wait for another year to get that guitar!!

I went and had a look at that guy's site and yes he is "sailing close to the wind" with some of his traditional (singlecut) guitars to Gibson - lovely tiger stripe model and also to PRS with his modern guitar. His "Standard" archtop guitars are also cool. Here's the link by the way in case you want to drool more!!

Handcrafted Custom Guitars Proudly made in British Columbia, Canada Check 'em out
                  Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
                    I likes it, but it looks HEAVY!!!
                    i was thining that as well
                    Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
                    Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
                    Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
                    Crate VC-3112
                    Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
                    Fender Bassman 60

Comment

they wont get sued if they did the thing that gibson said they should.

also, i love plain tops. my fav color is tobacco sunburst for one. mmmm.
                      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
                      fender mim standard strat
                      peavey classic 30
                      johnson j-station
                      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
                      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
                      yamaha f-310p acoustic
                      taylor 410 acoustic
                      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Thanks Norman, I've been a fan of the guy's art for quite a while now... actually, I've been drooling over a lot of his work for a couple years... the minute I get a satisfying job (which hopefully won't take too long after I'm done with my thesis) I'm gonna call him to book something... (I think I'm having wet dreams...)

Comment

I really love this guitar, I want one so much but I am poor http://www.heatleyguitars.com/ChipsmodelT.htm
                          Ibanez RG1570: stock
                          Squier Strat: stock

Next on the list: an amp that isn't crap!

Comment

There is a particular sensation I get when seeing guitars like that - there are no words descript enough, but the closest would be ..."Boooooiiiinnnnggggg"

Comment

ditto!!!

that's one schaaaweeet looking guitar!!!

i LOVE that color!
                              Originally posted by jeremy
                              God hates bad guitar tone
                              GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                              AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                              EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                              Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Working...
                              X