Gibson Les Paul Studio: yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gibson Les Paul Studio: yay or nay?

But what About Les paul Studio Plus'? they have Rosewood fingerboards and the specs seem pretty much the same too except from the bindings(IMO they Look Better)
    Marshall JVM 410C
    Mesa Boogie DC-3
    ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
    1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
    2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
    2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
    1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
    2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
    1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

I have to agree with 59paul though despite my prior post, if you can find a good studio, it's a great guitar. I still think they are overpriced, but at least it's a good guitar.

also I'm in agreement with the setup. Setup makes or breaks an instrument sometimes. I always set up a new guitar immediately after purchase. Guitar center is horrible about this, and they seem to get the bad shipments from Gibson too.

so I'm not saying you can't get a good Gibson, you can, but expect to do some searching and emptying of your pockets, including the lint.

Comment

I agree with ya on the price thang....I see em used and think " Whoa " !!!. I have one place that I have done 99% of my Business with for years, and I stick with em. #1. They know me there
        #2. They are a very small and reputable shop, and the owner can find anything I'm lookin for.

#3. They take proper care of their stock

#4. They don't screw people.

As with the purchase of any guitar, if you can take the time to play a few of em, you'll more than likely find one that stands out.
        Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Originally posted by 59paul
          I agree with ya on the price thang....I see em used and think " Whoa " !!!. I have one place that I have done 99% of my Business with for years, and I stick with em. #1. They know me there
          #2. They are a very small and reputable shop, and the owner can find anything I'm lookin for.

#3. They take proper care of their stock

#4. They don't screw people.

As with the purchase of any guitar, if you can take the time to play a few of em, you'll more than likely find one that stands out.
          When I eventually get ready to buy a Pauly, Rob, I'll have to ask you to search your favorite haunts and find one for me (heh-heh). There's a few guitar stores around my area that sell used Gibsons, but I don't really know any of the people who run 'em.

Comment

moral of the story: buy a guitar that sounds, feels, looks, and plays just right for you. Ignore whatever is on the headstock. In the end that ends up not mattering anyway.

put my $200 Yamaha CG-101 classical guitar up against a wall next to my teacher's hand-made french $3,000 classical guitar and they will look identical. Nothing on the headstock.

of course his plays and sounds a LITTLE better than mine.

not really the point I wanted to make, actually I don't think I'm making any point at all. bah, I messed it up. I'll try better next time, I promise.

Comment

As for the set up: I will set it up to my specs as soon as I recieve it.

As for trying: thats a bit hard here in Belgium (most stores only carry standards, in most cases only one or two). Especially to find one in the color I want (wine red). I just wanted a quality LP, with a student-friendly price , so I'll have to order it any way.

But if I set it up myself (Duncan Distortions, 11-48's, ...), I guess I better go for it?
              Last edited by arvid4prez; 04-30-2004, 04:59 PM.
              Vintage Les Paul Copy (SH6b - SH2)
              VHT Pitbull 50/12 2X12"

Comment

Hey Bob-O, when ya get ready to buy that Pauly, I'll show ya THE Haunt, Bro !!!
                Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Working...
                X