PRS Tremonti SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS Tremonti SE

I'm lookin into buyin a new axe - maybe a epi les paul or somethin a bit different. the tremonti caught my eye - the music i play is sort of creed-ish, and i was wondrin if anyones got one and recommends it?
    Squier Double Fat Stratocaster
    Laney TF200
    Behringer V-Amp 2
    Westfield TF656P Electroacoustic (wahey!)
    Aria MAB-09
    Laney HCM30B

Re: PRS Tremonti SE

If you can find one to try out you should. I tried one but that wide-fat neck was too wide for my small hands. Other than that it sounded amazing. Clean sounded like a player piano.
    Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

I tried one when they finally came to Ireland but i wasn't impressed..
      They say that PRS you either love 'em or Hate 'em so i guess im one who doesnt like 'em..
      Marshall JVM 410C
      Mesa Boogie DC-3
      ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
      1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
      2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
      2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
      1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
      2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
      1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

I would definitely not hesitate to recommend one of these to someone looking for a lower priced guitar. One of my buddies brought over a brand new silver Tremonti SE the other day, and I played it through my Classic 50 for about an hour. Overall, I was very impressed. The factory setup was pretty good, although I would've lowered the action a bit if it were my guitar. The workmanship was excellent, I never would've guessed it was a Korean-built guitar. Well-cut nut, frets were perfect, and the guitar was lighter than I was expecting. The wide/fat neck was very comfortable, although the neck was a little slower than I'm used to. But then again, my main guitar is a Wolfgang with an oil finished neck, so it's not really fair to compare the two. It had great sustain, and it stayed in tune perfectly. It sounded pretty good plugged in, although I would've put a set of Duncans in if it were my guitar. The pickups were fairly hot, and maybe a bit muddy, but I didn't really tweak my amp much, so that's probably why. For stock pickups in a korean guitar, they really weren't bad. The bridge had a decent crunch, and the neck sounded fairly similar to an Alnico II Pro, although I'm guessing both pickups use A5 magnets. PRS isn't going to sacrifice their reputation for quality, even on their foreign-built models. I looked over it pretty closely, and I really couldn't find anything wrong with it. I've never been a big fan of Epiphone/Squier/etc, but I was really impressed by the Tremonti SE. My suggestion is to find someplace where you can try it out for an extended period of time. With a few upgrades here and there, you could very well end up with a Les Paul-style guitar that outplays some Gibsons.

Ryan
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Its actually not a bad guitar at all, surprisingly. Yes, its not a REAL american made PRS, but it gets the job done quite nicely. I'd just repeat alot of the stuff rspst14 said, so I'll just state that's its pretty decent.
          • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
          • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
          • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
          • G&L Tribute Comanche
          • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
          • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
          • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

For the money it's a good guitar, not great, just good. The same day I played the Tremonti SE, I also played a Zakk Wylde Epiphone. I thought the Epi was better playing guitar with better tone. I would buy the Epi Zakk instead, but that's my just my opinion.

Comment

i tried a couple.. first one i tired i immediately put down cause the neck was HUGE.. i then gave one at a seperate store a try and it had the same demensions but for the sake of curiousity i plugged it in. it sounded ALRIGHT..

my opinion: if you have gorilla hands and a low budget.. go for it.. still play it first

Comment

Working...
              X