• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaker impedance question

Hi,
    I've got this Marshall JTM60 and on the back it has two speaker jacks
    1) 16 ohm internal speaker
    2) 16 ohm external speaker

Now does that mean that I can plug another 16 ohm cab into the external speaker jack? But if I do that, then the transformer would be faced with a 8 ohm load (two 16ohm loads in parallel) instead of the 16ohms it has now with just the internal speaker.

Or does this mean that if I connect and external cab, i must disconnect the internal speaker?

Thanks

Re: speaker impedance question

I would definitly think that if you have the internal speaker connected you can add another 16ohm cab to the external socket aswell....

When you say the one for the internal do you mean that there is 2 outputs and one already has a cable going from it to the speaker??
    Marshall JVM 410C
    Mesa Boogie DC-3
    ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
    1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
    2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
    2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
    1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
    2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
    1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Yeah
      It has two jacks and the internal speaker is already connected to one of them

Comment

I don't know about the JTM, but with the JCM 600 the load can't exceed 8 ohms. So, with the present set up it has one 16 ohm plugged into the internal jack and another 16 ohm ext cab plugged into the ext jack. This is safe. What I want to know is how the 4x10 cab is wired to not exceed 8 ohms?
        '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Working...
        X