how to mic acoustic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to mic acoustic?

Whats the standard way to mic an acoustic guitar with a single condenser microphone?

Re: how to mic acoustic?

Single mic? Try aimed somehwere at the bottom of the fingerboard, perpendicular. That's what I've done for micing up other people for live stuff in the past.
    Homemade Tas Oak Tele w/ SD Custom 4 & strat Blue Lace Sensor, Boogie DC-3

Comment

bottom of the fingerboard?

Comment

Like, edge of the soundhole, at where the fingerboard ends. Is this for live or performing? Either way, just play with it till it sounds right. Hardest part with an acoustic is getting the boom stand set up so it's out of the way.

Comment

ya i mic an acoustic guitar with a condenser right in front of the sound hole.

Comment

I like it just at the bottom edge of the soundhole when possible, to give it a bit more of the "bite" you get towards the bridge.

Comment

thanks for your help guys
              how far away should i place the mic?

Comment

Again, play with it. It depends on whether it's live or studio, and of course the space & type of mic. If live, you may have no choice but to have it fairly close to get enough gain, but you won't be able to have it too close or it will get in the way of the guitarist.

Comment

Working...
                X