Neck question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck question...

What are the pros and cons of flat headstocks (Fender style) and angled ones (Gibson style)? I know flat heads require string retainers or whatever to help with string tension, or something like that...anything else?

-X
    green globe burned black by sunn

Re: Neck question...

in my opinion, if you take care of your gear and dont DROP it, there's no need for a flat headstock. They suck, IMHO, b/c the string trees can screw up the tuning job sometimes, if not ALL the time, and they dont allow for very much stability
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

LOL, JJ's got it right. I've never done or seen a headstock repair on a strat or tele. Although I've done several gibson repairs, and seen more than I have the fingers to count 'em on.
      This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

ive never broken the headstock off a strat. thats a big advantage in my book. my epi LP special however... well i wont tell the story again.
        "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

with the strings going in a straight line from bridge to tuner it causes less strings to break.
          Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Working...
          X