• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoonman
    replied
    Re: Vox Valvetronix AD15VT

I would like to have one of those, but there are a few big 'buts' *chuckle*

'But' A: I'm kind of wanting it to be able to carry around and take with me too

'But' B: The 15 watt combo is really cheap, and I need 2 more guitars before I need one more new amp, maybe in a couple of years though?

Leave a comment:

• Gearjoneser
    replied

Forget the combos. If you have a DSL on a 2-12, the best thing for you to get would be the AD 60 (mono) or AD120 (stereo) head. Don't worry about wattage, cause they have a variable wattage selector on the back that'll dial you down to 6 watts. That way, you can use the DSL for rehearsal/gigs, and put the Vox on your cab for homerecording/low volume practice. The head through a quality cab BLOWS away the sound of the combos, cause they use crappy particle board on their combo cabs. Plus, the head is basically like a Tonelab with the ability to use it as an amp.

Another good thing is that the heads can be had, cheap! I paid $420 out the door at Sam Ash, NEW, for the AD 60. It's a great home practice rig. My favorite feature is the stombox OD pedals on the front end, so you can tailor the gain 100 different ways, till it nails the sound you want. Sometimes I use the "treble booster" on the Vox and Fender clean models to add more sparkle and authenticity. It's a fun amp!
    Last edited by Gearjoneser; 05-06-2004, 02:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mkf411
    replied

I have the Vox Valvetronix AD60 1x12 60 watter and I'll probably buy one of the new 15 or 30 watt ones to carry around eventually. Can't wait to try one out. I had one of their 15 watt solid state with no effects built in that was good. I returned it to get the valvetronix AD60. They also have a cool little Brian May amp that's 15 watts. It's all white. I tried it out and it's cool for a one trick amp. I'll get one of those too if they go on sale. Anyone know of settings on the Valvetronix to make it sound like the Brian May model?

Leave a comment:

• Chi3f
    replied

haven't tried the low wattage one but i love the 120w version

Leave a comment:

• Spoonman
    started a topic Vox Valvetronix AD15VT

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT

So has anybody used one of the lower-wattage Vox Valvetronix amps? I have a 50-watt DSL/2x12 halfstack thats used to jam with a band as well as at home, but after about 10 at night I cant turn it up loud enough to sound decent. So I was thinking after I buy my strat then I might want to look at one of these, its only like $180 and I like the idea of having a 15-watt modelling amp with some built-in effects that I can tote around & use late at night. So has anybody had an opporunity to try one? Or maybe the 30 watt? I'm sure if the 30 watt is good the 15 will be too.
    Last edited by Spoonman; 05-01-2004, 03:23 PM. Reason: left out something
Working...
X