Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ibanez RG Tremola Questions

Originally posted by Jono_L
    Edge 'purists' will tell you that the Edge II, AND the Edge Pro's dont match the original's The Edge Pro's simply lack the lockign posts that gave the originals most of their tuning stability, resulting in Double Neutral found on the new trems. And afaik, the Edge IIs are made out of some 'mystery metal' in Korea - they are not Gotoh.

A complete drop-in for the Lo-TRaSh system, would be an OFR. All you need is a drill press for the new trem posts (cant emphasise how IMPORTANT it is to get new trem posts with the OFR). Get the short block variant (37mm), and you'll have no problems. The long blocks (43mm) won't clear the trem cavity cover at the back - I have a hole in mine. Don't mind though, as the OFR looks great from behind too

Bro,

Your only 17 and you know all this stuff!

Your my new hero!! I must warn you though, I change heros weekly.

Jon

This is what I am planning to buy................

Any other advice?
    Tradition S-20, Tradition G-10, Jackson DKMG, Ibanez SRX 505 Bass, Laney MXD 120H head, Peavey 4x12 cab, Fender 4x12 cab, Boss GS-10, M-Audio Black Box, Boss Metal Zone, Boss DS-1, Boss SD-1, Boss CH-1, MXR Dyna Comp, MXR Zakk Wylde, MXR EVH Phase 90, MXR Double Shot Distortion, ProCo Rat, Other Boss stuff.

SD pickups tried or still in use: JB, Zebra C5, Zebra Jazz, JB Jr., Distortion, Lil '59, Invader, Live Wire Metal, and Custom.

Comment

Cool! Except the pickups. I had them once.
      Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

I recommend stepping-up to a model with the original Edge or Lo Pro Edge.
        My Gear:
        Kramer USA Baretta II;Ibanez RG550 (MIJ)
        Laney Pro Tube Lead AOR 50watt 1x12" Combo
        Boss GT-3;ProCo Rat2;DOD 250 Overdrive/Preamp;DOD 201 Phaser;DOD FX-90 Delay

Pickups Used:
        TB-12 Screamin' Demon;TB-4 JB;SH-10 Full Shred;SH-5 Custom;TB-1 '59;TB-6 Distortion

Comment

So an OFR will fit in an RG 1570, provided post-drilling, etc.? very good to know Is there any way to buy an Edge Pro or Edge Pro II from Ibanez themselves, and just drop it in?
          Ibanez RG1570: stock
          Squier Strat: stock

Next on the list: an amp that isn't crap!

Comment

Originally posted by ranger1bn75inf
            Thanks guys!

Now I'm wondering if I should buy something with a Floyd instead? Maybe a Jackson so I can be like Zerb!
            Someone that wants to be like me?? Other than saying "Don´t!! You really don´t wanna go through the sh!t I´ve seen", I´m really a bit dumbfounded. With the exception of my cousin Kyle you´re the first one. I don´t know whether to say thanks or call you an idiot for wanting it

But Back to the Topic....

If you´re looking for a top notch shredder axe (or just one with a fast neck and a Floyd), a USA Jackson cannot be beat. An ESP is just an overpriced copy, and an Ibanez is just a Middle-class Knockoff. But I and others expect Jackson USA Prices too rise within the coming year, so you may want to "kick yourself in the ass" and get one soon. I personally recommend and "endorse" Soloists, unbelievable guitars

A USA Jackson is one guitar I can honestly say I don´t know of anyone ever regretting

(You guys didn´t REALLY think I totally missed this, did you? )

Originally posted by ranger1bn75inf
            Bro,

Your only 17 and you know all this stuff!

Your my new hero!! I must warn you though, I change heros weekly.

Jon

This is what I am planning to buy................

Any other advice?
            Yeah, Jono knows his stuff on Floyds (althoug I think he does still learn something off me every so often, pls correct me if I´m wrong )

But does this mean my "moment of fame "only lasted 30 seconds???? *WAAAH**BAWL**CRYlikeaRive* MOMMYYY!!! THEY DON`T LIKE ME ANYMORE!!!!
            Last edited by Zerberus; 05-05-2004, 01:57 PM.
            Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Stratoplayer
              So an OFR will fit in an RG 1570, provided post-drilling, etc.? very good to know Is there any way to buy an Edge Pro or Edge Pro II from Ibanez themselves, and just drop it in?
              Nope, an OFR WONT fit a 1570. The 1570 runs an Edge Pro from the factory, and it will ONLY fit the Edge Pro. The Edge Pro should be fine for most players. Put a set of locking posts in and you should be able to match performance from the Original Edge.

(althoug I think he does still learn something off me every so often, pls correct me if I´m wrong )
              I've learnt a fair amount stuff off many people on many different forums, and I've definitely learnt a lot from Zerb here
              Ibanez RG 470 Hotrodded w/ OFR, SD FS/JB Jr(b)/DD, 90% of original hardware replaced
              Jim Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby Hotrodded w/ TB, LED indicator, BC109s, will have sweep range selector and booster circuit
              Carl Martin Rock Drive
              ISP Decimator
              BOSS DD-3
              Laney LC-15R

My Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
                Someone that wants to be like me?? Other than saying "Don´t!! You really don´t wanna go through the sh!t I´ve seen", I´m really a bit dumbfounded. With the exception of my cousin Kyle you´re the first one. I don´t know whether to say thanks or call you an idiot for wanting it

But Back to the Topic....

If you´re looking for a top notch shredder axe (or just one with a fast neck and a Floyd), a USA Jackson cannot be beat. An ESP is just an overpriced copy, and an Ibanez is just a Middle-class Knockoff. But I and others expect Jackson USA Prices too rise within the coming year, so you may want to "kick yourself in the ass" and get one soon. I personally recommend and "endorse" Soloists, unbelievable guitars

A USA Jackson is one guitar I can honestly say I don´t know of anyone ever regretting

(You guys didn´t REALLY think I totally missed this, did you? )

Yeah, Jono knows his stuff on Floyds (althoug I think he does still learn something off me every so often, pls correct me if I´m wrong )

But does this mean my "moment of fame "only lasted 30 seconds???? *WAAAH**BAWL**CRYlikeaRive* MOMMYYY!!! THEY DON`T LIKE ME ANYMORE!!!!

Zerb,

I can't afford a USA Jackson I'm a poor old wanna be guitar player. I got to stick with da low end priced stuff!

Thanks for your advice and causing me major depression after looking at the Jackson website and seeing what I can't afford.

Jon
                Tradition S-20, Tradition G-10, Jackson DKMG, Ibanez SRX 505 Bass, Laney MXD 120H head, Peavey 4x12 cab, Fender 4x12 cab, Boss GS-10, M-Audio Black Box, Boss Metal Zone, Boss DS-1, Boss SD-1, Boss CH-1, MXR Dyna Comp, MXR Zakk Wylde, MXR EVH Phase 90, MXR Double Shot Distortion, ProCo Rat, Other Boss stuff.

SD pickups tried or still in use: JB, Zebra C5, Zebra Jazz, JB Jr., Distortion, Lil '59, Invader, Live Wire Metal, and Custom.

Comment

Zerb - how bout that Phil Collen USA model? drool

I have the Lo Pro in my 14 year old Ibanez Prestige S-series, never had a problem, nice and stable too, it rocks my socks.

Comment

The LO-TRaSh II on my RG sucks - but I realize I'm not a Floyd guy anyway - How long will it last you think, after I block it off? Maybe I should screw a block of wood into the cavity and fill up the trem hole and throw in a fixed bridge. Would look like ****, but I wouldn't have to deal with it anymore...

Comment

Working...
                    X