Marshall Mode Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall Mode Four

I'd guess about 2000. Some have paid ~1300, others have paid around 2700 .
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

VHT's stay too clean sounding for me on the distorted channels. I would reccomend a Framus Cobra.
      `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````

Comment

I must be on crack. I thought the Mode Four was a solid-state design.

Comment

Mode Four is solid state but with a tube pre amp...IMO as said before its a decent amp but theres beter out there..

For versatility in a marshall i'd go (and i did) DSL 50..Great Cleans, It nails the calssic marshall crunch and the mordern Drive IMO is excellent...
          Marshall JVM 410C
          Mesa Boogie DC-3
          ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
          1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
          2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
          2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
          1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
          2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
          1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

try a triple XXX...if you don´t like the cleans it has (i do) you can try changin' the tubes...btw you can buy it with 6L6's or EL84's

PD: you can also try that new peavey Joe Satriani "Signature" amp

it seems to have it all, good cleans, good rythm tone, and good soloing
            Last edited by VicToR; 05-03-2004, 07:54 AM.
            Peavey Studio Pro 112

LTD Explorer 400 w/ EMG 81 set
            Ibanez SZ 520 QM w/ Dimebucker + 59'
            Seagull S12+ acoustic

Boss Digital Delay DD-3, Super Chorus CH-1, Chromatic Tuner TU-2. Dunlop Mr. Crybaby

Comment

Stay away from the mode four, there are so many better things out there for less money.

Take a look at ENGL stuff, lots of great heavy type amps with great cleans too, here is a site with lots of heavy (but some different) clips of ENGL amps on it:

My Soundclick page.

Comment

wierd, i thoght the Mode Four was pretty awesome for the money... having tried on in anger, i miust say i was mighty impressed. i was ready to give it a good bashin for being SS, but it really was pretty special. Extremely versatile too. ive got only praise for it.
                "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I agree with Young Angus...

and to Kyuss rocks post

I'd disagree with you, it;s your opinion but even comparing to the Cheaper All Tube DSL IMO theres no competition..although the DSL wouldn't be as versatile (2 channels, but still technically 4 modes) IMO its in the catagory of the "gear with lots of ok tones or gear with a few killer tones"... But addmitadly the cleans on the Mode four were very good...
                  Marshall JVM 410C
                  Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

I tried the Marshall TSL-602. Amazing distortion! And the cleans are snappy. You must try the TSLs.
                    Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

Originally posted by Charvel
                      Im looking for it to give some good distortion, nice clean sounds... i wanna wide variety of metal type sounds if you kno what i mean... and yah really anything better then the POS i got right now

what about Mesa Boogie amps... i hear there awsome
                      MESA SINGLE RECTIFIER SERIES II.
                      57 VOS Les Paul Goldtop
                      62 Thin Skin Stratocaster
                      Mesa Boogie Lone Star 212
                      Baby Taylor
                      sigpic

Comment

ill build ya up something.

germ
                        Jeremy Ledford
                        Tone Guru Extroardinaire
                        Tone Shop

Comment

Originally posted by Charvel
                          Hey im saving up some cash and look at buying a Mode Four, its priced around 2800$ so i got time to look for another, but i was wondering if anybody knows a really good amp, or has tried out the Mode Four I tryed it myself but i didnt have the time to actully play with it.... so if you have any advice on that amp, or a better amp can you post it here, Thanks

-Charvel
                          13 years old and looking at a $2800 amp, Either mommy and daddy are rather generous or your a movie star lol. I liked the Modefour when I tested it, It had some insane crunch. The modefour cleans were actually better than usual, In that price Range I would still prefer to do alot of shopping around, Besides, the modefour just came out so the price will be inflated for a couple months.
                          Heavy Metal is a 73 tonne Main Battle Tank :headbang:

B.C. Rich USA ST-III w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rails Neck/Middle, Duncan Custom Bridge. :firedevil

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer
                            13 years old and looking at a $2800 amp, Either mommy and daddy are rather generous or your a movie star lol. I liked the Modefour when I tested it, It had some insane crunch. The modefour cleans were actually better than usual, In that price Range I would still prefer to do alot of shopping around, Besides, the modefour just came out so the price will be inflated for a couple months.
                            Actually the Mode Four i believe is out at least a year now (if not more)(or less) and if anything the price of the mode four will increase, along with everything else in this world because of inflation..

And to Metalblaze..

I could nearly guarentee you that if you try the DSL you will much prefer it to the TSL...
                            Marshall JVM 410C
                            Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

100 watt dfx!!
                              FANTASTIC

Comment

Originally posted by Che
                                100 watt dfx!!
                                FANTASTIC
                                You mean the MG100dfx??

Its a good amp, for the money but i'd take the Mode four over it anyday...Or for cheaper i'd go with My DSL!!
                                Marshall JVM 410C
                                Mesa Boogie DC-3

Comment

Working...
                                X