Vox Amp Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox Amp Kit?

anyone out there making vox type amp kits? I'd love to build my take on one of the handwired aC30's.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

i personally dont know of any, but it would be cool! would like to know if something like this exists.....
    esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
    fender mim standard strat
    peavey classic 30
    johnson j-station
    original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
    dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
    yamaha f-310p acoustic
    taylor 410 acoustic
    "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

That is one complex beast. I checked out my buddies 64 and couldn't believe how much stuff was going on with it...
      ]
      FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Take a look at the guts of the new handwired AC30's. Laid out nice and neat. Vox used those two boards back then and a rat's nest of wires.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Yep, and the new handwired AC30s supposedly sound better than even the originals. That's gotta be heaven.
          Originally posted by kevlar3000
          I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
          Originally posted by Zerberus
          Better is often the enemy of good
          Originally posted by ginormous
          Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Tony Bruno is responsible for the new HW tone. Master volume that works, and a lush reverb as well. Kudos to Bruno. The guy is a frickin' master.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Scott my brother is building me a vox ac30 clone right now. The original has a lot of circuitry for tremelo (a waste if you ask me)
              This website is for sale! obsoleteelectronics.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, obsoleteelectronics.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

The secret seems to be in a good output transformer. Mine will have a master volume in the inverter circuit and a reverb. If you are interested I can possibly provide you with a plan or even possibly get my brother to "whip" one up for you.

Comment

scott, b4 tackling a vox,maybe try something a bit less ambitious. it is a beast to wire up, and has alot of things going on, that you need to understand. try twin or a bassman first? then onto to some high gain jobs, then go to the vox, IMO.

germ
                Jeremy Ledford
                Tone Guru Extroardinaire
                Tone Shop

Comment

Working...
                X