behringer fcb1010 midi footcontroller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• behringer fcb1010 midi footcontroller

......the midi out jack from my behringer fcb1010(i use it to controll my rocktron replifex) is not working any more.....so i thought instead of searching for a new one is it possible to swap the midi in jack(which i don't use) in the place of the midi out???will it work ok as a midi out???

Re: behringer fcb1010 midi footcontroller

The jack sockets will be the same, however, I suspect that is not the problem. It could be anything from the cable to the eprom that's at fault or something on the Replifex that isn't working. If you haven't already done so, I'd check the cable first then if possible, try hooking the controller to another midi device to see if it's definately at fault.
    GUITARS
    STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
    AMPS
    Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

it's not the cable i tried 4 different midi cables and none of them worked.....the replifex is ok responds well to another midi device.....so lets hope it's only the midi out jack an not the eprom......

Comment

Well, doing that would get rid of the midi in, which you need for using the computer editor, and for dumping patches back to the FCB from the computer.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

one thing i forgot to mention, is download a midi utility called midiox, and connect the midi out of the FCB to the midi in of the computer- you will be able to see in an instant if the FCB is transmitting the right messages.

Comment

Originally posted by fenderiarhs
            it's not the cable i tried 4 different midi cables and none of them worked.....the replifex is ok responds well to another midi device.....so lets hope it's only the midi out jack an not the eprom......
            Let me know how you get on - I use an FCB1010 and would like to know if I've got any major problems ahead.
            GUITARS
            STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
            AMPS
            Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

Have you tried re-calibrating the FCB1010? I've got one and had problems with the expression pedals not working at all. I emailed Behringer support and they sent over severall different documents with different things to try on. One of them was a re-calibration sheet. I did it, it worked!!

Got to be worth a go.

Comment

i found the problem but i don't know how that happened:someway on the replifex all the midi mapping for the programm changes were turned off.Don't ask me how.....but it wasn't me that did that.

Comment

Don't forget to join the FCB Yahoo Group- there you can find the PC editor, as well as lots of info.

Comment

Working...
                  X