Samick salesmen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samick salesmen?

Has anyone shopped at an authorized Samick dealer lately? The guys who work at those places just won't stop going on and on about how Samick actually makes most Korean guitars. How much truth is there to this statement? Is Samick literally CREATING every Korean instrument from Epiphone to Washburn or are they just produced in the same factory....? I'm having a hard time buying their spiel.

"You like Epiphone? They're actually made by Samick. You like Washburn? They're also made by Samick. That care you drove here in? That's a Samick. Your house? Made by Samick, too."

It gets a little bit annoying after five minutes and I'm having a hard time buying the validity to claims that Samick makes half the stuff I've played.

Any thoughts?
    It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.
    - David St. Hubbins

Re: Samick salesmen?

Samick has built between 60 and 80% of all the Korean built guitars produced in the last 10-15 years or so.

They "Ghostbuild" for Epiphone, Washburn, Schecter, Agile, and numerous others.. IIRC Jackson Korea was also produced by Samick for a while, AFAIK there are no longer any korean Jacksons, the Performers were the last.

If half the stuff you´ve played was korean, then Samick probably made at least 40% of all the stuff you´ve played so far, they really are that which the Salesmen say. Although from what I´m understanding they could try to cram it down your throat a bit less, but many salesmen are that way, not just Samick

AFAIK, the House and Car lines are , though
    Last edited by Zerberus; 05-03-2004, 09:43 AM.
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

My father used to work for a music distributor here in Baltimore that sold Samicks before most people had even heard of them. I think what you've heard is pretty accurate, if it comes out of Korea chances are it's a Samick.

Comment

Interesting site check it out

http://www.samickguitar.com/
        Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Norman_T
          Interesting site check it out

http://www.samickguitar.com/
          Look at the shapes there and you´ll know some of the companies that wouldn´t DARE sue or otherwise damage Sammick

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, but what I'm not getting is: Are all of these guitars built in Korea?!

And, is Sammick actually PROUD of that fact??!!
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Here's a link that may shed some light on it ??
              samick factory tour
              http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Korean Ibanez's that have an "S" serial are also built by Samick.
                Ibanez RG 470 Hotrodded w/ OFR, SD FS/JB Jr(b)/DD, 90% of original hardware replaced
                Jim Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby Hotrodded w/ TB, LED indicator, BC109s, will have sweep range selector and booster circuit
                Carl Martin Rock Drive
                ISP Decimator
                BOSS DD-3
                Laney LC-15R

My Rig

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
                  Forgive my ignorance, but what I'm not getting is: Are all of these guitars built in Korea?!

And, is Sammick actually PROUD of that fact??!!
                  Korea and also Indonesia - according to the Samick Factory Tour link.

I would guess that they are proud of making these guitars, after all its money and business to them and at the end of the day, it what keeps them going and their own economy.

Would you be proud in making these guitars if you were running the business? Having a number of well known manufacturers turning up on your doorstep asking to build such and such for them.
                  Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Norman_T
                    Would you be proud in making these guitars if you were running the business? Having a number of well known manufacturers turning up on your doorstep asking to build such and such for them.
                    No, I would not be proud.
                    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by kill your scene
                      Has anyone shopped at an authorized Samick dealer lately? The guys who work at those places just won't stop going on and on about how Samick actually makes most Korean guitars. How much truth is there to this statement? Is Samick literally CREATING every Korean instrument from Epiphone to Washburn or are they just produced in the same factory....? I'm having a hard time buying their spiel.

"You like Epiphone? They're actually made by Samick. You like Washburn? They're also made by Samick. That care you drove here in? That's a Samick. Your house? Made by Samick, too."

It gets a little bit annoying after five minutes and I'm having a hard time buying the validity to claims that Samick makes half the stuff I've played.

Any thoughts?
                      Actually that's the reason why I hate Samick. It drives me crazy soooo much that it's turned me away from their product.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
                        No, I would not be proud.
                        Me neither.....the labour sux
                        Marshall JVM 410C
                        Mesa Boogie DC-3
                        ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
                        1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
                        2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
                        2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
                        1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
                        2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
                        1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY
                          Actually that's the reason why I hate Samick. It drives me crazy soooo much that it's turned me away from their product.
                          And yet you still buy Epiphone, which is the same product with a different name, made in the same factory by the same people

If you don´t want a Samick, your best bet is to steer clear of anything Korean and buy a decent USA guitar like a Jackson, Hamer, PRS or Gibson

And as far as the workmanship sucking, the big companies aren´t paying more than about 10% of their later wholesale price for the whole shebang. All I can say is: You get what you pay for

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
                            And yet you still buy Epiphone, which is the same product with a different name, made in the same factory by the same people
                            I haven't bought an Epiphone in years.

Comment

Face it, Samick's are cheap. Cheap=Cheap, no matter how you slice it. I've been in a Million guitar shops that sell Samick, they're everywhere. If it's all ya can afford, hey, it's ok. But, if you can afford better, by all means, buy better. Just my 2 cents.
                              Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Working...
                              X