Saw Yes last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Yes last night

Besides being a great show, there were some nice guitars as well.
    Steve Howe's ES-175D was used the most, followed by a mid-80s Strat, a mid 80's LP Custom, with Roland synth electronics (he didn't use the synth though), Fender 2 neck steel, Martin and Gibson acoustics. But the big suprise of the night was that many acoustic parts were played on a...Line6 Variax 700..some nylon, steel, and sitar presets. And it sounded really really good- easily as good (or better) than his Martin & Gibson acoustics.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Re: Saw Yes last night

Slight bump here ...

Funny you should mention that; I was listening to 'Magnification' this very morning. What was the set list?
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

lucky man. what a great band. yeah what was the set list and are they still as great as always? im seeing them in a couple months at mohegan sun
      Down at the edge, close by a river.
      Close to the edge, round by the corner.
      Close to the end, down by the corner.
      Down at the edge, round by the river.

Comment

Is Trevor Rabin still part of it, or is Steve Howe the only guitarist now?

I heard that Chris Squire and Trevor have a sideband that's getting ready to play after this Yes tour is done. A producer friend of mine says this new band is unbelievable.
        Plus, they'll play smaller venues than Yes, so you'll be able to be closer.
        Sounds like a musical treat! Those are the old "masters" that will never be surpassed
        by new players. Maybe, but unlikely.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Steve Howe is very touchy about the idea of having another guitarist in Yes ... read some interviews, he gets downright bristly! lol
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I saw them a couple of weeks back at the Anahiem Pond, excellent show, the entire band was "on".

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer
              But the big suprise of the night was that many acoustic parts were played on a...Line6 Variax 700..some nylon, steel, and sitar presets. And it sounded really really good- easily as good (or better) than his Martin & Gibson acoustics.
              That's rather interesting. If he's playing one, they must be good.

Comment

Yes is Wakeman/Howe/White/Squire/Anderson. They did an 'umplugged' set as well, with new versions of Roundabout, Time is Time, Wonderous Stories, Long Distance Runaround. Their last studio CD, Magnification, was just amazing too.
                The set list included some deep cuts, like 'Sweet Dreams', "every Little Thing', 'Mind Drive', 'Ritual', etc.. the set was designed by Roger Dean. Check out www.yesworld.com for pictures and the whole setlist.
                Can't wait to hear the Squire/Rabin project. I like Trevor a lot too, an excellent musician.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                X