Mesa amp pricing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa amp pricing?

Hey guys im definetly buying a mesa amp after the summer (YEA!) now im thinking either the rectoverb 1X12, or maybe even the 2X12 road king. Anyone know the prices at like guitar center are for these fine amps?

thanks- andrew

Re: Mesa amp pricing?

Mesa fixes their prices. You'll find the same price wherever you go, so buy in-store (no shipping fees).

The game with Mesa is to find who will throw in the most free stuff with it. If you can't wring a nice little accessories package out of the dealer's hands you can probably find another who's willing.

The real market for Mesa products is used, but those still take a decent dollar on Ebay because everyone's trying to pick them up cheaper.

Comment

Rectoverb should be around a grand. Road King about 2300 (way overpriced IMHO).

I suggest looking into the lesser known gear classifieds for better deals, like Harmony-Central... that's how I got a 2500 Triamp for 1050
      Originally posted by kevlar3000
      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
      Originally posted by Zerberus
      Better is often the enemy of good
      Originally posted by ginormous
      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

alright thanks. by accessories you mean like footswitches etc? i thought those come standard? im not really looking used though, want a brand new one. any thoughts on the recto-verb? i heard its amazing. well for what i need (garage band, maybe some low powered shows think highschool talent shows). anyone know about how much the recto-verb weighs? sound if its only about a grand i should have it by next holidy season which is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH

|Thanks guys- andrew

Comment

This was last year, they likely have gone up. Single recto head $1099, Rectoverb head $1199, rectoverb combo is $1399.

I ended up getting a mint rectoverb head off ebay for $800 and had it retubed (not that it needed it, I just wanted it all nice a new).

Comment

how do you like it carrot head? the recto-verb. does it have a ton of gain like most other mesas?

Comment

I think TC will agree with me when I say that the Rectoverb has plenty of gain
              Originally posted by kevlar3000
              I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
              Originally posted by Zerberus
              Better is often the enemy of good
              Originally posted by ginormous
              Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by RhoadsDude1022
                alright thanks. by accessories you mean like footswitches etc? i thought those come standard?
                Slip covers for their 4x12's run just under $100, but they threw one in for free when I bought mine.

Everything else I bought used, and saved a small fortune that way

To answer your gain question, I'm pretty sure the Rect-O-Verbs are Single Rectifiers with built in reverb (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). And a Single is plenty loud for what you want to do with it.
                Last edited by some_dude; 05-03-2004, 05:42 PM.
                || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Well, they might do Mesa accessories, but also stuff like cables, picks, box o' strings, maybe a decent discount on a guitar/effects unit.

Comment

Originally posted by screamingdaisy
                    To answer your gain question, I'm pretty sure the Rect-O-Verbs are Single Rectifiers with built in reverb (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). And a Single is plenty loud for what you want to do with it.
                    From Mesa's website I think so too. 50 Watts...well whatever its rated that thing is loud as all hell! (played a 50 watt solo head at guitar center wow!)

Comment

Working...
                    X