taylor acoustics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: taylor acoustics?

that's debatable...but too each his own...?!
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

My Taylor plays almost as well as my Les Paul, but my singers Guild sounds better when we are not plugged into the P.A.
      Gibson Les Paul Classic (C5/PG)
      Heritage H-157 (500T/JP)
      Fender American Deluxe Strat (JB/STK-S4/STK-S4)
      Franken-Tokai (Custom8/Cool Rails/Hot Rails)
      G&L ASAT Special
      Mesa Trem-o-verb DR
      Traynor YCV50 Blue

Comment

Originally posted by fusion101
        to me acoustics with stainless steel frets(like taylors) really take away from the great choice of the wood that they put on taylors. I really have to say Tacoma's are alot higher quality plus there cheaper.
        haha is it me or do you enjoy bashing alot of brands? ...just an observation.....

anyways, ya taylors are great i think they feel like elctric necks mainly because i think taylors have bolt on necks? i might b mistaken but i belivei read that somewhere. either way great guitars i wold lvoe to own one but i need a good electric before i go over board witht henacoustics. But if you have the cash go for it man! top of the line!
        Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

nice observation on my so called "bashings" that are really my way of explaining the flaws of some of the most "mainstream" brands that jack the **** out of the price when there are lesser known brands that make better products for lower price. I'm trying to help people open there minds to other brands and if i gotta say **** sometimes and hurt peoples feelings some times to do it , so be it, i'm not making any appologies.
          Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
          The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

Originally posted by fusion101
            nice observation on my so called "bashings" that are really my way of explaining the flaws of some of the most "mainstream" brands that jack the **** out of the price when there are lesser known brands that make better products for lower price. I'm trying to help people open there minds to other brands and if i gotta say **** sometimes and hurt peoples feelings some times to do it , so be it, i'm not making any appologies.
            ouch... well im not trying to offend u its nothing personal just something i noticed a bit, i didnt intend to offend u in anyway man. I just found it unusual you go against the conformed beliefs of most ppl. so sorry didnt mean to offend you man.
            Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

Taylor's sure is purty. But....I'll stick with my 64 Gibson J-50, and my 58 Martin D-18. I'm just funny that way.
              Only The Strong Survive

Comment

I have a D-28 and D-35 I bought new almost 30 years ago. Love 'em - Martin wrote the book, IMHO.

that said, I always look at the Taylor 714CE when I get a chance, and that would be my pick for my next acoustic. Plays well, sounds great.

I've heard that comment about Taylors being for electric players - it's nothing new. The first guitar that Bob Taylor made was a 12 string that he actually wanted to be playable, and to this day, Taylor's 12 strings are notable. If anything, the comment about "electric players" should be turned around, since Taylor's success made Martin rethink the playability of their instruments.

I'm not a Martin snob, but joneser's right (as usual) - Martin's sound better ... they just have a fine, "etched" tone. But Taylor makes a very nice, very playable acoustic that I think most of us would enjoy owning.

there are many other fine acoustics out there now as well - Collings, Santa Cruz, Lowden, Alvarez-Yairi .... as with a lot of gear, we live in good times.

Peace
                "music heals"
                facebook

Comment

Working...
                X