Digitech RP-7 or Boss ME-50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech RP-7 or Boss ME-50

I got a chance to get one of these two. The RP-7 is by far the cheaper of the two because of age. Anyone heard one of these and how does it compare to a ME-50 distortions, effects, etc?? I'll be running it in front of the amp by the way.

Re: Digitech RP-7 or Boss ME-50

bump

Comment

personally.. i think digitech SUCK! really.. REALLY suck. they completely voice your amp. they sound horrible. this is what i get out of almost all multi effects i have played with, besides a pod. if you need a multi effect try to get a used pod or something off ebay. but i definetly wouldn't waste my money on a digitech.

Comment

I've got a Boss GT-6, it takes a bit of work but i can get some decent sounds out of it, I even DI'd it at a gig once, it wasn't brilliant, but passable as ok.

From what I hear the ME-50 has the same software, albeit only less fx so that gets my vote...
        "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

another vote for the pod. I have the pod 2.0 and i love it! since the pod xt has come out u should be able to get a used pod 2.0 for pretty cheap. the other guitar player in my band has one of the smaller digitech multieffect guitar amp modeler, and i gotta say it doesnt touch the pod tone wise! thats just my opinion, but i think there are a lot of people who would advise u away from digitech multieffect stuff.
          my gear: '80s fender bullet (tele style)
          fender dg20ce acoustic
          peavey blazer 15 watt
          line 6 pod 2.3 and floorboard
          Atomic Reactor 112
          Warmoth double fat strat w/ SD Jb bridge and Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell

Comment

I had a lot of fun with my RP7. It has all kinds of presets with lots of effects and distortion. For the low prices I've seen lately, it's a great unit.
            My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Working...
            X