wolfgang owners, tell me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wolfgang owners, tell me

is it easy to get used to the neck and body shape of the wolfgang?
    i have only played one in the music store i really like the way they sound but there are very different than what i am used to ibanez RG's, the wolfgang has a much rounder neck than a RG

Re: wolfgang owners, tell me

after a wizard or other ibanez neck, everything is going to feel kinda weird. EVH has a very specific, and peculiar, neck geometry. I have an Axis which

is almost identical in geometry to the wolf. It took me about a week of playing it, and i'll never go back. it is an assymetric shape that is thicker on the thumb side of the back than on the finger side.
    This fits the natural shape of the webbing between your thumb and first finger. It feels groovy! The basic premise is to make it more comfortable to wrap your thumb around and get stonger bends! Which again, is groovy.
    Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

i don't own one...but the guys i usually play with both have em...

it's all about feel...they're great guitars...but at the end of the day...it's what you prefer that counts...
      Originally posted by jeremy
      God hates bad guitar tone
      GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
      AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
      EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
      Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

I have had a quite few guitars...trust me...the Wolfs necks is one of the most comfy I have tried.
        Just play it intensely for sometime, get to know it and do not let it get to your head, most trouble is in our minds
        My three guitars have very different necks, and the I have no trouble at all with the wolfs neck.

Comment

It's very comfortable, much more so than the thinner Ibanez necks. It's not a baseball bat neck, I'd say it has a medium thickness. My only complaint is that I find the neck to be a bit narrow. That's not really a design flaw, just a personal preference of mine. My hands are normal sized, but I find the Wolfgang to be less comfortable to play rhythm on than some other guitars. I played a PRS with the wide/fat neck profile the other day, and it was much more comfortable to play closer towards the nut due to the wider fretboard. Still, I find the Wolfgang neck to be very fast and comfortable to play on.

Ryan
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

The wolfganag and the Ibanez RG are about as different as necks get. The wolfgang will feel weird at first, but it's a very comfortable neck that sits well in the hand.

I gaurantee if you play one for a while, you'll go back to the ibanez and wonder what you were thinking. I used to play an RG when I was a kid, but now when I pick one up it's like a popsicle stick. I fell like I'm going to break it if I dig in...
            Originally posted by Jolly
            ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

I owned one and I absolutely loved it.. Even though the neck seems bigger than most, it's one of the most comfortable necks I've ever played.. The whole guitar is in my humble opiniion one of the best going for the money if you get the USA special version.. I just wish they made the special with the Birdseye maple neck instead of the standard maple, but either way they rock.. I'd get the trem model too as I don't think the trem on the Wolfy's hurt ya in the sustain dept becauase they only dive, and are resting against the body for resonance.. Mine sounded as good as an LP Standard, but with about half the weight.. They are, or they seem shorter and easier to play for some reason.. Anyone that has one (Special in white or black and wants to get rid of it, contact me! )
              Tim
              Tim..

Comment

I love playing mine. The oiled neck has got to be one of the most comfortable around. Smooth at all times and never ever feels sticky on the backside. Other than my changing the stock pickups it's a keeper.

Comment

My Wolfy has probably the most comfy neck I've ever played, barring a 57 Tokai strat with a v profile. I've got small hands and it seems to fit like a glove. The shape is a bit different - its just seems more worn in.
                  'Without music life would be a mistake'.

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Comment

THE best guitar I have ever played... EVER was a peavey Wolfgang w/ a Birdseye Maple neck.

Comment

is $425 for a used american special a good price for a wolfgang?
                      it is a goldtop

Comment

$425 is a good price for a used special...
                        ---RCM78

Comment

Working...
                        X