Questions about Ibanez and Fender HM Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Ibanez and Fender HM Strat

Hey guys.. Questions for you older 80's guys like me that know Trem guitars.. I'm thinking of trading my custom washburn for a lighter weight guitar.. I'm especially interested in this Fender Jap HM Strat guitar that has a HSH config.. The two hums have been replaced with Dimarzio's.. and the guitar is strange in that it has a killer heel like the ESP M2's, and it has a pointy type headstock which has the Fender logo on it.. I've never seen one before like it, but it's kinda cool.. My only concern is that if I wanted to change the neck I've heard that the Fender HM models had shorter scales than the standard strat, and therefore it might not work? Also, it has a real floyd rose PRO model Trem.. I guess they are supposed to be better in that they have easier access to the string changing mechanism and are more stable..?

Ok.. The other guitar I'm interested in is a mint 1989 Ibanez Sabre which is made of mohogany for the body and has Ibanez USA pickups.. but I'm not sure what type of trem? I loved the Ibanez Edge trems I"ve played, and I asked the guy and he says it just says "Designed by Floyd Rose " on it.. I'm wondering if any of you folks know what trem would be on this guitar or where I can get that info? Is there a way to tell if it's an Edge trem or at least a better than the cheaper model Ibanez trems?

Thanks guys.. This forum rocks!
    Tim..

Re: Questions about Ibanez and Fender HM Strat

Anyone?
    Tim..

Comment

Working...
    X