replacement nut for Epi SG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement nut for Epi SG?

A couple days ago I posted about changing the tuners on my SG so that it would stay in tune better. I forget who suggested it, but someone suggested that maybe I should replace the nut. Is this something that would cost alot of money to have done? I know I would not want to do this myself. Also what kind/brand would you recommend. Thanks in advance!
    -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
    Vox VT15
    Washburn D10SCE
    Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass

Re: replacement nut for Epi SG?

i like the graphtec nuts (hehe). they stay in tune like a dream, and also you can bend strings easier without the strings breaking faster.
    esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
    fender mim standard strat
    peavey classic 30
    johnson j-station
    original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
    dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
    yamaha f-310p acoustic
    taylor 410 acoustic
    "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Graphtec nuts are better and partucularly for Gibson guitars, I think probably cost in the region of $50 to have it installed by someone who is good. Could you also have the tuners installed at the same time by the same guy and perhaps he'll give you a discount?
      Normans Guitars

Comment

Thanks guys! I think I'm going to ask around for prices. I really want to upgrade my SG. I only got it for $200, so I feel a few upgrades won't hurt.
        -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
        Vox VT15
        Washburn D10SCE
        Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass

Comment

Working...
        X