No announcement yet.

Instrument Cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iv allways used Mogami Gold Series hi-definition cables but latley iv been useing the Planet Waves 's, very nice, a bit cheeper too.
    2 Jacksons DD & JB, Carvin, Planet Waves, GHS, Dunlop, Kepur, Mogami, Grover

Comment

Another Monster user. You can get the Monster standards for about 20 bucks for 10' at GC.
      Low wattage rocks!
      Bumbox Lead 1
      Orange Tiny Terror
      Vox 120VTH
      ----------------------
      Gibson LP Standard - SG Supreme
      Agile LP-2500 - Jackson JSX-94

Comment

awesome ill be sure to check out those planet waves, george L's and Monster cables. by the way are those D addario cables any good???
        Schecter: Diamond Series S1 PLUS (invader in bridge)
        Squier: Bullet Special (lake placid blue, EMG81 in bridge)
        CRATE: V-Series 50 watts (VFX5112)
        Rogue: 50 watts (guitar amp)
        Jasmine: S34C NEX Cutaway

Comment

I use custom made Whirlwind between my head and cabs. It's SUPER thick and very inexpensive.

I also have Monster cables.

For instrument and between pedals I use DiMarzio sometimes (NOT the black one .. it's way too stiff for some reason), and I have some custom made cables by Synergistic Research. My power cords are all Synergistic Research AC Master Couplers. Believe me: this makes a HUGE difference. I don't know why, but it does ...
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

i like the fender accs. electro volt prof. low noise cables. they seem to work for me. they can take a beating, and they sound great. id check one out.
            Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
            Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
            Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
            Crate VC-3112
            Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
            Fender Bassman 60

Comment

oops i meant to say... "are DiMarzio any good"
              Schecter: Diamond Series S1 PLUS (invader in bridge)
              Squier: Bullet Special (lake placid blue, EMG81 in bridge)
              CRATE: V-Series 50 watts (VFX5112)
              Rogue: 50 watts (guitar amp)
              Jasmine: S34C NEX Cutaway

Comment

The DiMarzios are very good ... the sound nice, are flexible, and very quiet. I took my DM cables on tour with me last Summer, and they still work, so that's all the endorsement I need!

Comment

I've been using George L's for my entire signal chain for 5 years now. They sound great, are user freindly (custom sizes you make to your liking), not as big and bulky as traditional instrument cables, and they are relatively inexpensive.
                  (2) Randall RM4 preamps, VHT 2502 Power amp, 2 2x12 Bogner cabs w/V30's and Lead 80's, '74 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop, '89 Gibson Les Paul Cherryburst, '93 Stratocaster, and a bunch of other stuff.

Comment

I've tried most of the high end ones and I keep coming back to Fender Vintage Volts cables.
                    My Bands -
                    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I bought some performance series Monsters my freshman year (now a junior) and they haven't let me down at all. The only signs of wear is a little misshaped rubber from being stepped on and rolled over, and the gold looks a little aged. They still work great, no shorts, and are thick enough to take a beating. I plan on using Monsters or making my own until I get a good wireless rig going.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken
                        I bought some performance series Monsters my freshman year (now a junior) and they haven't let me down at all. The only signs of wear is a little misshaped rubber from being stepped on and rolled over, and the gold looks a little aged. They still work great, no shorts, and are thick enough to take a beating. I plan on using Monsters or making my own until I get a good wireless rig going.
                        I have an amazing wireless rig (AKG WMS 80), and I still bring cables as a backup .... wireless tends to thin the tone out slightly, but it IS convenient if you wanna pull a 'Maiden'!

Comment

Working...
                        X