hey guys, carvin tube stack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey guys, carvin tube stack?

Hey guys i was checking out the carvin site for there cabs and came across one of there half stacks. Its all tube 100w, with a 4X12 (loaded with gt12's). My question is has anyone heard of this amp? any good/bad reviews? I was looking into buying a new tube amp, and thinking of buying this stack, then buying an extra 2 X12 and leaving that at my house. I would leave the 4X12 at my drummers house. That way all i would be transporting is the head and my guitar. Hows this plan sounds?

Thanks guys, just wondering how this setup would compare to say a recto-verb

thanks again- andrew

Re: hey guys, carvin tube stack?

when you dishin out money, you GOTTA play what your gettin first.... theres so many things that go into other peopels opinions that your not really gonna know what your gettin unless you play the one yourself.... i remember youve been askin about carvin, mesa, and marshall......those are all very differnt sounding amps, you gotta just play em man
    http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
    >cord<
    1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

alright thanks man its just theres no carvin dealer near us so i was just looking for a general idea...

Comment

I don't know of a Carvin Dealer anywhere, except maybe at their own Place, in San Diego. I can tell ya, the Bel Air with an extension cab makes for a very, very nice rig. I used this set up on the road, with my Marshall JCM 800's and old Fender Blues Deluxe. The Bel air was very, very good, and with the ext.cab, it made for a cool 4x12 rig. Their MTS ( Master Tube Series ) doesn't get great reviews from people that I know who have used them. The Legacy stuff is still pretty new, I've played a friends Legacy combo, and didn't like it nearly as well as the Bel Air. The Bel Air was much more Toneful, with Rich Harmonics and nice Lows and mids. . The EQ on the Bel Air was VERY user friendly. The cleans were great, and the "soak" , or overdrive channel was pretty darn good. I would recommend the Bel Air, because I've used it, and it was A-OK. It will do Clean stuff super, and go from light crunch to heavy dirt, no problem. I don't play really dirty, but that amp would do it just fine. The Bel Air is very versatile. Hope this helps.
        Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Marshall.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

AGREED !!!! The Carvin was nice, but.......My JCM800's Still Rule the Roost !!!!
            Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Working...
            X